General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Confrontations

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2016, 08:23 AM
Speedspeed
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Confrontations

How many of you actually had confrontations? lets say with neighbors,starting your bikes early to go to work,Or on the weekends going on a little bike run with the fellas..My only experiance,was on the freeway..bumber to bumber traffic,and i start to split lanes..One guy rolled down his window and started to give me the thumbs down as i cruised by..I wasnt racing by and I definitaley wasnt reving my motor..Just didnt know what his trip was..

Old 09-30-2016, 08:37 AM
farmboy555
Road Warrior
Received 105 Likes on 96 Posts

Just have to move on and not let it mess up your day

Old 09-30-2016, 08:41 AM
Sdday
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't been riding too long, but so far nothing but nice people and reactions... I'm in an apartment complex and the sound of my bike brought out other riders and had a chance to meet them.

Old 09-30-2016, 09:04 AM
_Gir_
Road Warrior
Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

Get a helmet cam. Most people don't like being recorded when they're acting like a jerk.

Old 09-30-2016, 09:12 AM
Redlegvzv
Stellar HDF Member
Received 672 Likes on 372 Posts

I have not had a confrontation at all when riding. People in Southern California seem to be very cool with motorcycles and with Harleys in particular. I guess I can imagine someone getting cranky about a loud motorcycle starting early in the morning, but my bike is not loud and this has not happened to me.

Some drivers really don't like lane sharing. Sometimes I don't like it when driving when a bike zips by inches from the side of my car. Whatever. Live and let live.

Old 09-30-2016, 09:19 AM
Speedspeed
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Redlegvzv
I have not had a confrontation at all when riding. People in Southern California seem to be very cool with motorcycles and with Harleys in particular. I guess I can imagine someone getting cranky about a loud motorcycle starting early in the morning, but my bike is not loud and this has not happened to me.

Some drivers really don't like lane sharing. Sometimes I don't like it when driving when a bike zips by inches from the side of my car. Whatever. Live and let live.
Ive always respected the people on bikes..And i always move to the side and let them pass thru when their lane splitting..but its hard to move over when the rice rockets come zipping by,cant hear them till their right on you..Atleast the HD you can coming..

Old 09-30-2016, 09:40 AM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Received 2,953 Likes on 1,685 Posts

Never.

Even with the Pro Pipe (I carefully idle out of the subdivision) the only comment I've heard from neighbors is: "What a beautiful bike!"

Old 09-30-2016, 09:43 AM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,070 Likes on 2,554 Posts

He gave you a "thumbs down"??? Was he from the Roman Empire? I would have laughed and went on.

As for confrontations...I don't rev my bike up when I start it at home...or anywhere. And I don't lane split. So I've have zero problems with neighbors and other drivers.

The following users liked this post:
slhanks4 (10-07-2016)
Old 09-30-2016, 09:43 AM
flyboyron
Road Warrior
Received 262 Likes on 98 Posts

I've had a neighbor mention something about hearing me taking my Harley to work instead of the "other one" (Goldwing) at 6am.
I just try and not rev it and ride off slowly to keep it as quiet as possible.
I know if I slept in past 6am, I wouldn't want to be awakened by the sound of a loud motorcycle.....no matter what brand.

Just ride safe and watch out for those who absolutely hate motorcycles.

Old 09-30-2016, 10:04 AM
Uncle G.
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,704 Likes on 1,989 Posts

My pipes aren't terribly loud, just loud enough. Usually my neighbors smile and wave. My bike's been around here longer than most of the neighbors have.

Quick Reply: Confrontations