Sponsored by:

No more CB Radio's

Old 10-17-2016, 08:54 PM
The Pawnbroker
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Exclamation No more CB Radio's

Hello,

I noticed that the Limited's, etc. don't come with CB Radio's anymore. I think this is the first year for that? Question is, does anyone care? Interestingly, they are using the same tour pak surround that has a spot for both antenna's. It's just that the the CB antenna fitting has what looks like a clear plug of some kind in there. And the right side switch gear housing on the handle bar has a punch-out spot for the PTT button but no button this year. Guess they are saving some money by not having to re-tool those pieces yet.

So. Who cares? Will you miss it?

Old 10-17-2016, 09:09 PM
MikeyTX
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 197 Likes on 167 Posts

Subject has been covered several times already. The big time group riders have been whining about its deletion the most. Me, I could care less. Have you listened to one lately ? The predominant language spoken on it now days is not english if that tells you anything.

Old 10-17-2016, 09:18 PM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,199 Likes on 11,126 Posts

Yeah...right...the Starbucks cruisers are not complaining about it. But, anyone that does any riding with others, like me..., think it is idiotic to delete it. But, you can order all the stuff and have it installed for about $750!.

Old 10-17-2016, 09:30 PM
MikeyTX
Outstanding HDF Member

Excuse me ............ With just shy of 17k miles since i bought the Tri Glide in May of this year, I'm not exactly a Starbucks Cruiser. If you have a use for it, fantastic. Evidently the majority don't and that is the reason it was made optional.

Old 10-17-2016, 09:32 PM
LA VIC
Road Master
Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts

I had one on my last CVO and used it very little. That said when I did ride with other bikes equipped with a CB it sure was nice. I bit the bullet and installed it on my new bike. Stuck the satellite radio kit on as well.

Old 10-17-2016, 10:22 PM
The Pawnbroker
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Yes I've listened to CB radio recently. It's not at all what it used to be. But like others are saying, it's very handy for group rides and HOG events. That's what I don't understand why they deleted it. It can't cost them very much. And the bikes it comes on I would argue are bikes that are HD most loyal customers. I'm saying that because you usually work up to a full dresser and stay there. Those customers are more likely to be members of HOG, and probably go to more rallies than any other group of HD riders. The salesman said "he thought" it was available as a module for not much money. He never did check on that. I can't find anything on the HD website about CB or much else regarding options and prices.

Do they still have the headsets and the intercom system etc?

The following users liked this post:
Larry Davis (10-18-2016)
Old 10-18-2016, 03:02 AM
MikeyTX
Outstanding HDF Member

They still come with a head set and intercom. Now that H-D has a wireless b-t-b headset available, and with more riders moving towards using such, that was the main reason for ditching the hard wired CB. Eventually we will see the antenna mount for it and the am/fm deleted from the tour pack. There will be no need for them and it will help reduce production time and cost.

Old 10-18-2016, 04:52 AM
30glock
Road Warrior
Received 334 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by TriGeezer
Yeah...right...the Starbucks cruisers are not complaining about it. But, anyone that does any riding with others, like me..., think it is idiotic to delete it. But, you can order all the stuff and have it installed for about $750!.
Bought everything needed for Install at boardtracker HD, less then 300.00 and 45 minutes of your time, simple easy plug and play, bought the switch housing on ebay 15.00, for a total of 315.00. Touring bikes are pre wired.

Originally Posted by The Pawnbroker
That's what I don't understand why they deleted it. He never did check on that. I can't find anything on the HD website about CB or much else regarding options and prices.

Do they still have the headsets and the intercom system etc?
They deleted It for profit, those that want It will now have to purchase It and have HD rape you for the cost of equipment and Install.

Boardtracker HD Is your friend.

The following users liked this post:
HDJIM1158 (11-28-2016)
Old 10-18-2016, 05:18 AM
Ultra61
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

I could have sworn my salesman said that when my radio does an update the CB would be deleted.. I didn't question it. I'm hoping I heard him wrong.

Old 10-18-2016, 06:49 AM
09 YELLOWBIRD
Grand HDF Member
Received 820 Likes on 527 Posts

It comes down to typical MoCo. (Actually typical ALL Companies)

Items that use to be stock items are now P&A items for nothing more then more profit for both the MoCo and the dealers for installation.

Nother example, my truck came stock with the "Oh Chit" handle on the A Pillar.
Fast Forward to the new model year of my truck, and it suddenly disappears!

Just seem like it's a way of life now a days.

YB

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: No more CB Radio's