Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VIED questions, 2006 Street Bob

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2016, 12:49 AM
Shanebo
Road Captain
Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts
Default VIED questions, 2006 Street Bob

Hi all,

I have installed the VIED product on both my touring HD, and also on a friend's touring HD, with favorable results in both cases. I also have a 2006 Street Bob, and have been trying to find some additional reading on the forum here about the experiences of others who have installed the VIED (adjustable) on their Dyna's.

I'm coming up a little short on details that I have questions about for this application, so here's your chance to upload some wisdom. ;-)

1. Are the older Dyna's prone to displaying errors with the VIED?

2. Do the adjustable VIED's work for the 2006 Dyna's, or do you have to use the OiED specifically for that year?

3. If using the #105 VIED, does the part get grounded in this application?

Thank you in advance.

Shane

Old 10-27-2016, 02:04 AM
HrdNox
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 213 Likes on 183 Posts

Wouldn't the manufacturer have the answer to these questions? To be honest I haven't seen much talk about those in here. I'd call Jamie at fuel moto and ask about their micro tuner if stage one is all you have planned.

Old 10-27-2016, 10:01 AM
Shanebo
Road Captain

Originally Posted by HrdNox
Wouldn't the manufacturer have the answer to these questions? To be honest I haven't seen much talk about those in here. I'd call Jamie at fuel moto and ask about their micro tuner if stage one is all you have planned.
Yes, the manufacturer has weighed in on these, to some degree, as far as I can tell. That said, their answers go something like this...

1. Some bikes will display error codes, but nothing is actually wrong...

2. You can use either the VIED or the OiED for this bike. One of them is a "special order" though...

3. Pretty sure it doesn't need to be grounded on this bike.

Thanks for the reference, I'll give him a call soon to pick his brain.

Shane

Old 10-27-2016, 11:44 AM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 969 Likes on 732 Posts

Have you talked to nightrider.com?

Old 10-28-2016, 10:49 AM
Shanebo
Road Captain

Not yet.

I have had success with these in the past, and am looking specifically for field reports from users in this application, if any.

Shane

Old 10-28-2016, 12:01 PM
Shanebo
Road Captain

Just got off the phone with Steve at Nightrider...

Here are his answers, in case anybody has this same question in the future...

1. The '06 Dyna was built with a fuel injection system that tries to cover more of the typical riding conditions with closed loop fueling than all later versions. Because of this, the check engine light is more likely to come on at low throttle settings, like a long deceleration in gear, or at idle. The check engine light usually self-cancels once getting back on the throttle, and can be adjusted with the VIED to be more or less frequent, depending on setting. Richer setting = more frequent error code.

2. There are three different models that work with the '06 Dyna. The DYN-OiED, the VIED, and the AF-XIED. The AF-XIED is 12v-powered, because it is basically a tiny computer that handles the metering, and is the most accurate at the job.

3. The VIED does not require use of the ground wires. Grounding them will not hurt anything, but is not required for this application. If using the AF-XIED, then they must be grounded in any application.

I'm still interested if anybody has used the VIED on an '06 Dyna, and if so, what settings did you find that worked best, given your setup?

All the best,

Shane