Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

You guys with lift tables

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2016, 11:45 AM
Just Me
Road Warrior
Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts
Default You guys with lift tables

Do you find it easier to push it on or drive it?
Talking mainly about the Harbor Freight table. It appears to be pretty skinny to drive it on unless you got some really long legs.
One video I watched the guy said the frame caught the table loading it? Didn't find any video's of anyone actually loading it. Some had built wings on both sides to put your feet on, makes sense.
Going to pick one of these tables up next week just looking for advice from folks that have the table.

Old 12-01-2016, 12:01 PM
jdvorchak
Road Captain
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

I don't have the HF unit but I do have a lift and I built some boxes out of 2x4 and plywood. You can't ride it on without them or have way too long legs. They just sit on the ground on either side to make the deck more level with your legs. Oh I ride the bikes on the lift if they are able to start/run. AND always strap the bike to the lift! I use soft ties to ratchet straps. I added some Eye bolts to hook to.

The following users liked this post:
lh4x4 (12-01-2016)
Old 12-01-2016, 12:05 PM
todd-67
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3,405 Likes on 1,593 Posts

^^that. I had a HF table for a while and there is no way you could ride the thing on it without some supports like the ones mentioned above. My mechanic pushes them on but you have to get the thing moving a bit before you hit the ramp. I had to get ride of mine for space reasons. Wish I could have kept it though. They are nice to have.

Old 12-01-2016, 12:05 PM
Gliden
Club Member
Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

I always drove it on but I'll caution you against that. It has its dangerious challenges doing it that way.

Rolling it on is more work, but you need the upper body strength to do that safely.
If you have good upper body strength, I'd recommend rolling it. I have one bad shoulder so I took the easy way. I've since got rid of the table cause I really didn't use it that much and it took up alot of room.

Old 12-01-2016, 12:07 PM
Gliden
Club Member
Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

Ps I have long legs but it was still a challenge.

Old 12-01-2016, 12:13 PM
Scudda
Stellar HDF Member
Received 3,207 Likes on 940 Posts

I have had one for a while....I built side boxes for it so I could ride up on it. I was keeping my bike on it all the time due to limited space in my shed..that ended one day when I almost dropped the bike backing off it..Now I only use it when I need it....HF used have a side plate kit for these lifts but don't carry it any longer

Old 12-01-2016, 01:12 PM
Just Me
Road Warrior
Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts

I really don't want to add sides as it is also going to be a snowmobile lift just have to fab something up front. I have a set of loading ramps that I use when I load it on the trailer. This might give me a nice long and low approach to push it on the table without much effort, tipping over is a scary thought.

Old 12-01-2016, 01:28 PM
1BRAVO9
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 579 Likes on 270 Posts

Definitely push, I would think driving it on would be asking for trouble.

Old 12-01-2016, 01:30 PM
mrfeeney
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I almost always walk it on, engine running and in gear.

Old 12-01-2016, 01:35 PM
Frostbite
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,412 Likes on 1,544 Posts

I've got the Redline trike lift, so it already has sides. Drive everything on it except the snow brush tractor - the chains spin out on the ramps. Use a come along for that.

My son has a bud that does concrete work. We're talking about cutting the floor and mounting the lift level with it. I think there's a couple of guys that did write ups on here about that...

Quick Reply: You guys with lift tables