Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Karma's a Bitch

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2016, 07:26 PM
Big Dave
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,011 Likes on 558 Posts
Default Karma's a Bitch

7 yeasr ago i went through some tough times and family and I had to move to a less then desirable Place to work and live , At that time i had a very heavy and stable M/C lift Table , I had no way to move or store the table so a friend said I have a farm so we will just store it in one of the sheds and when you get back on your feet come and get it .

Well 2 years ago we came back and we had done well enough to move back to what we call home , So i went to see if he still had the lift and he said no he had given it to so and so , at that point its like oh well i tried and im not going to whine about it.

Yesterday a buddy says there's a crack head up the valley trying to sell a M/C lift and said it was stolen - he was pretty sure it was my old one , So today I go for a drive and sure as hell its my old lift . I explain to the seller that its my lift and what did he want to do about it - He said i should just take it and please dont phone the cops

My day is made

Dave

The following users liked this post:
BrownSanta (01-30-2017)
Old 12-04-2016, 07:31 PM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 47,744 Likes on 18,543 Posts

some things were/are meant to be.

Old 12-04-2016, 07:31 PM
Big Dave
Outstanding HDF Member
The following users liked this post:
Uncle Larry (12-04-2016)
Old 12-04-2016, 07:32 PM
SWMB
Road Warrior
Received 776 Likes on 499 Posts

I like that story. Sometimes things just fall into place.

Old 12-04-2016, 07:42 PM
iRider
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 1,384 Likes on 814 Posts

And you live happily ever after.......

Congrats!

Old 12-04-2016, 08:11 PM
wscott
Road Warrior
Received 136 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Dave
7 yeasr ago i went through some tough times and family and I had to move to a less then desirable Place to work and live , At that time i had a very heavy and stable M/C lift Table , I had no way to move or store the table so a friend said I have a farm so we will just store it in one of the sheds and when you get back on your feet come and get it .

Well 2 years ago we came back and we had done well enough to move back to what we call home , So i went to see if he still had the lift and he said no he had given it to so and so , at that point its like oh well i tried and im not going to whine about it.

Yesterday a buddy says there's a crack head up the valley trying to sell a M/C lift and said it was stolen - he was pretty sure it was my old one , So today I go for a drive and sure as hell its my old lift . I explain to the seller that its my lift and what did he want to do about it - He said i should just take it and please dont phone the cops

My day is made

Dave
===================

Wow,now thats carma for sure!

I have one for ya.

A friend of mine was restoring a 1973 Camaro Z28 4spd (inc all the original #'s matching drivetrain too!) and rented a garage to store & work on the car in along with $15k worth of NOS GM sheet metal/ parts etc too which was all stolen approx 5.5-6yrs ago without a trace ,NADA!.

Cops couldn't locate any good leads etc,garage the car & parts were in was swept clean with not 1 nut or bolt left on the floor to be seen & no good fingerprints etc for the cops either.

Fast forward to summer 2015 & my friends gets a call on his house phone stating it was a Canadian mounty law enforcement officer from the stolen vehicle division wanting to know if he/my friend in fact owned a 1973 chevy vin # such & such and my friend said yes thats the vin# for my stolen 73 Chevy Camaro Z28 & why are you asking?

The Canadian Mounty then said we share a system with USA that checks vin#'s on all vehicles between our 2 countries to ensure they aren't stolen and your car's vin# showed up as stolen when someone tried to register it in Canada.

My friend said what cond is the car in because it was in mult pieces needing full restoration when it was stolen.

The Canadian Mounty then said well it's " your lucky day " because it looks line brand new stock 1973 z28 thats gloss blk with white racing stripes on the hood & trunk which was how his car was when it was brand new in 1973.

He also said the guy that was trying to register the car bought it a couple yrs back from someone else (likely the person & or thief that stole it) in pieces with all the parts to restore it.

The mounty also said it supposedly took that guy approx 2 yrs to complete the restoration just to find it was in fact stolen only after completing the restoration & trying to register it loosing all the money he spent to buy & restore it not to mnetion all the time & effort too.

Thats when the Canadian motor vehicle dept called the Canadian Mounty's to have the car taken away & impounded to be checked out & returned to the rightful owner which was my friend with the car being in fresh properly/fully restored condition.

My friend had to take care of some special paperwork thru local police & then send back to Candain police along with also paying $800 to get the car shipped back to his house in the USA too.

I was there the day the car was sch'd to be dropped off and it looked like a professionally restored bone stock 1973 Z28 when it rolled out of the enclosed trailer it was shipped in.

It was truly quite a day for my friend that though he would never see the car again let alone the car being a turn key/fully restored ready to go car at that point had him in shock & loss for words with tears running down his face as he saw the car gleaming in the sun as it emerge from the enclosed trailer.

Scott

Last edited by wscott; 12-04-2016 at 08:19 PM.
Old 12-04-2016, 08:21 PM
Big Dave
Outstanding HDF Member

I've been having problems posting pics can you guys see them ?

Dave

Old 12-04-2016, 08:21 PM
wscott
Road Warrior

====================

Well i can see the pic's.

Looks to be a real nice MC lift table ya got there.

And there's that dang " SUPER CLEAN " looking primary case again too!

Just kidding around & busting your chops a bit!/LOL!

Happy motoring.

Scott

Last edited by wscott; 12-04-2016 at 08:24 PM.
Old 12-04-2016, 08:27 PM
Big Dave
Outstanding HDF Member

Scott I cant do the nice guy **** , Thank you for your response I'll stay off your posts , please stay off mine

Dave

Old 12-04-2016, 09:54 PM
wscott
Road Warrior

Scott I cant do the nice guy **** , Thank you for your response I'll stay off your posts , please stay off mine

Dave
===========

Geesh,loosen up.

Sorry i ruffled your feathers that much but didn't mean too.

Sorry about that.

Scott

Quick Reply: Karma's a Bitch