Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any experience with Boss Bags saddlebags?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2016, 07:05 PM
skibum0607
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Any experience with Boss Bags saddlebags?

I've finally given in and decided to put saddlebags on my Deluxe. I'm tired of not having a place to store anything when riding the Lux or asking buddies if I can throw a jacket in one of their bags. I've looked at a bunch of different options and I like the basket weave style of Boss Bags the best (model #37DC is what I'm interested in). They're definitely pricey but I'm not opposed to paying more for good quality.

Does anyone have any experience with Boss Bags? I'd be interested in your opinions on the quality of their bags as well as their customer service.

I've not been able to find much in the way of reviews or useful information on any of the forums here. Their website leaves a lot to be desired but their bags look top quality.

Any help or advice is appreciated.

Old 12-05-2016, 07:57 PM
smurfsdad
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Ski, this is a coincidence, I was just at the Boss Bags establishment today. I just bought a new 2017 Heritage. Knowing that the new bags are "stiffened" I wasn't entirely convinced how effective the design was. Long story short I had my daughter drop them off at their shop for new kits, straps, and their stiffening kit. I drove the 5 hour trip today to pick them up. I couldn't have been happier. The work looked top notch! I know you're looking at new bags, not a stiffening kit. The shop was spotless, the two guys I talked with were very polite and knowledgeable, and their products looked great. My wife and I looked at trunk bags I might purchase for my Heritage, and maybe a purse for her. Their products are certainly not cheap in price, but the quality isn't cheap either. I can say that everything they claim on their website appears to be true. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them.

Last edited by smurfsdad; 12-05-2016 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Misspelled word
Old 12-05-2016, 08:22 PM
swifty
Tourer
Received 88 Likes on 40 Posts

I too had the stiffened kit install and was very pleased with their work. Their customer service is wonderful. They answered all of my questions and put my mind at ease. I was just looking at their web site as a friend of mine now wants his bags done also. And I found different web sites via Google. Try using this site http://www.bossbags.com/ourbags.html it might help you more!!! good luck to you

Old 12-05-2016, 09:14 PM
nascarfan
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I bought a set for my Fatboy in 2010. Couldn't be happier with them. They still look brand new.

Old 12-06-2016, 01:54 AM
Silver Fox
Club Member
Received 44 Likes on 26 Posts

I bought a set of Boss Bags in the winter of 07/08. Still happy with them.

Old 12-06-2016, 01:56 AM
Silver Fox
Club Member
Received 44 Likes on 26 Posts

Hog Deluxe makes a nice looking bag also.

Old 12-06-2016, 08:36 AM
nhrider1
Road Warrior
Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by skibum0607
I've finally given in and decided to put saddlebags on my Deluxe. I'm tired of not having a place to store anything when riding the Lux or asking buddies if I can throw a jacket in one of their bags. I've looked at a bunch of different options and I like the basket weave style of Boss Bags the best (model #37DC is what I'm interested in). They're definitely pricey but I'm not opposed to paying more for good quality.

Does anyone have any experience with Boss Bags? I'd be interested in your opinions on the quality of their bags as well as their customer service.

I've not been able to find much in the way of reviews or useful information on any of the forums here. Their website leaves a lot to be desired but their bags look top quality.

I've had Boss Bags on my 2005 Deluxe since new. Great Bags, lockable, easily detachable and still look like new. They are very heavy duty and well thought out. I don't think you will go wrong.

Old 12-06-2016, 07:27 PM
schlacker
Stellar HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by skibum0607

Here are mine, only have had them a couple of years, so I can't speak to their longevity yet, but still look as great as the day they were delivered. They are solid & fit perfectly. Easiest on/off I've ever had.

Old 12-07-2016, 05:32 PM
skibum0607
Cruiser

Originally Posted by nhrider1
I've had Boss Bags on my 2005 Deluxe since new. Great Bags, lockable, easily detachable and still look like new. They are very heavy duty and well thought out. I don't think you will go wrong.

Thanks for the great feedack guys... I'm encouraged by the good reviews on Boss Bags.

Silver Fox... HogDeluxe was the other option I was considering but landed on Boss Bags because I liked their quick connect/disconnect feature a little better as well as the overall look.

nhrider1.... In your pic it looks like your bags sit a little higher relative to the rear fender with quite a gap above the pipe. I'm curious, did you buy those bags when you had the stock pipes? If so, did you specify that when you ordered?

I have stock pipes with V&H Twin Slash slip-ons at the moment. I may swap out for Big Shots or something else some time down the road but I'm not in a big hurry because I love the deep throaty sound of those Twin Slash mufflers and don't think they look all that bad.

However, I'm a little concerned about buying bags that fit the current pipe setup then changing the pipes later and the bags not looking as good with a different pipe setup... but I may be over-thinking it.

Old 12-07-2016, 05:34 PM
skibum0607
Cruiser

Originally Posted by schlacker
Here are mine, only have had them a couple of years, so I can't speak to their longevity yet, but still look as great as the day they were delivered. They are solid & fit perfectly. Easiest on/off I've ever had.
schlacker... Do you remember what model # your Boss Bags are?

Quick Reply: Any experience with Boss Bags saddlebags?