Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

daymaker headlight/passing lights

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2017, 09:25 PM
varider12$
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default daymaker headlight/passing lights

So does anyone have any recommendations for these style headlight lights/ passing lights maybe after market I'm on a tight budget. Or should I save my money up and buy the real thing? Looking for good product. Thanks

Old 01-15-2017, 10:00 PM
Roof king
Advanced
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

I got some on amazon for around 140 bucks, I believe they are made by sunpie. They work awesom, just make sure you adjust them correctly.

Old 01-15-2017, 10:59 PM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 395 Likes on 337 Posts

I know you are shopping- I'd suggest you slow down the impulse buys and take the time to see what you really need and want.
( does this post mean you sealed the deal on a bike?- if so, congrats)

when I got my 09 I did what I had done a few times previous. fill the bathroom with the P&A catalogue and some bike mags and start listing part numbers.

then seeing if similar parts were available from the aftermarket at a better price.

and watching the forums for comments on those parts...and does the thing I want on page 2 work with the thing I thought I wanted on page 1.

in the end I tossed 60% of the stuff off the list and 1/2 of what remained I found used on the forums.

what works in your favour is that alot of riders are trading pre-rushmore for a deal on a 16 or a 17...and that means they are pulling off all kinds of great parts and listing what won;t fit on the new bike

some of us ( me and maybe 1 other guy) are of the opinion that many leds have a narrower angle of vision and the bike is less visible, some have uneven beam spread, failing to light the shoulder, hot spots, cold spots and uneven colour temperatures

mike

Last edited by mkguitar; 01-15-2017 at 11:04 PM.
Old 01-16-2017, 09:39 AM
dwl25
Tourer
Received 50 Likes on 40 Posts

I bought Sunpie off Ebay. I like so far. If you go to Amazon and search for that brand you can read lots of reviews.

I hope this helps.

Old 01-16-2017, 09:55 AM
SWThomas
Stellar HDF Member
Received 994 Likes on 591 Posts

I bought the headlight and spots from BoardTrackerHD (formerly KutterHD) and saved a bunch of loot. I used to own a 2004 FLHRI and went with the HD Daymaker Reflectors. It was ridiculously obnoxious how bright they were. I got flashed all the time and got lots of compliments/complaints on how bright they were.

Old 01-16-2017, 10:10 AM
varider12$
Tourer

Originally Posted by mkguitar
I know you are shopping- I'd suggest you slow down the impulse buys and take the time to see what you really need and want.
( does this post mean you sealed the deal on a bike?- if so, congrats)

when I got my 09 I did what I had done a few times previous. fill the bathroom with the P&A catalogue and some bike mags and start listing part numbers.

then seeing if similar parts were available from the aftermarket at a better price.

and watching the forums for comments on those parts...and does the thing I want on page 2 work with the thing I thought I wanted on page 1.

in the end I tossed 60% of the stuff off the list and 1/2 of what remained I found used on the forums.

what works in your favour is that alot of riders are trading pre-rushmore for a deal on a 16 or a 17...and that means they are pulling off all kinds of great parts and listing what won;t fit on the new bike

some of us ( me and maybe 1 other guy) are of the opinion that many leds have a narrower angle of vision and the bike is less visible, some have uneven beam spread, failing to light the shoulder, hot spots, cold spots and uneven colour temperatures

mike
Thanks mike, I do appreciate it. I am looking for a few items which I know 100% that I will want to change on the bike. seat and lighting are on the top of the list. Really close to pulling the trigger on one though.

Old 01-16-2017, 05:37 PM
cike
Tourer
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I have the trucklite (kuryakn) LED headlight and spot lights and I love them, They get better reviews then the daymakers and are said to be brighter. The one headlight lights up the road better than both of the lights on my new truck. I never get flashed by oncoming cars.
I would do google search on these before I spent any money on a different type light. they are not cheap though. You can get the headlight only (which is all you really need) new for about $140 on ebay.
Here is a pretty realistic showing the difference between the stock light and the Trucklite LED

Old 01-16-2017, 06:04 PM
varider12$
Tourer

wow looks impressive

Old 01-16-2017, 08:25 PM
Goose_NC
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,208 Likes on 1,968 Posts

I wonder how many people, especially with bikes over 5 years old, have checked to see if they are getting 12vdc to their halogen headlights. Huge difference with a halogen at 11.5 vs 13.5.

The following users liked this post:
head (06-20-2017)
Old 01-16-2017, 09:58 PM
steelerdude1
Grand HDF Member
Received 283 Likes on 215 Posts

I ordered a set of the Sunpie ones for the wife's Heritage, I guess I will see how they do.

Quick Reply: daymaker headlight/passing lights