Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biketronics Amp and Speaker package install 2016 Street Glide Special

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 07:07 AM
nevera7
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Biketronics Amp and Speaker package install 2016 Street Glide Special

Yesterday I installed the Biketronics 2180 amp and 7.1 non pro speakers in my 2016 Street Glide Special and am very impressed. It is so loud and clear at any speed. The kit comes with everything needed and was easy to install.

Everything that came with package.

Made in USA

Old 02-25-2017, 07:10 AM
nevera7
Novice

Before and After before I tied up all the wireing.

The following users liked this post:
toecat2000 (02-27-2017)
Old 02-25-2017, 07:14 AM
nevera7
Novice

Just a fyi I used this 7/16" swivel socket to get the pods off took 5 min with this setup in picture ratchet and 6" extension with a 7/16" swivel socket, worked perfect.

Old 02-25-2017, 07:34 AM
nevera7
Novice

I also have a question about the BT355 line leveler settings, Has anyone adjusted it so I can get a little warmer sound from the speakers? The speakers are really clear but a little too high for my taste even with the bass turned all the way up. I played with the settings on the radio but really didn't help. I have the latest software from Harley 1.20.3 and the newest updated maps. I love the clarity but would like to know if I have any options regarding adjusting the line leveler. I've read don't touch it call Biketronics but im sure Im not the only one with this question. Thanks in advance

Old 02-25-2017, 07:49 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Awesome stuff man!!!! Great install and damn glad u r happy!!!

One thing, don't forget to add 2 bolts (1 on each side of the audio stack) in order to stabilize the inner fairing a bit more. Actually makes a big difference.

As for good warmth out of those speaks, just not gonna happen. They are known for being pretty damn bright.

Don't not jack with those BT355 settings without adult supervision!!!! Call BT Mike and he might be able to help u make adjustments to let a few more lower end freqs thru the filter getting u a bump in warmth but it won't be much if any.

Congrats bro!!!

T

nevera7 (02-25-2017)
Old 02-25-2017, 08:00 AM
Roadie13
Stellar HDF Member

Received 1,005 Likes on 497 Posts

Originally Posted by nevera7
I also have a question about the BT355 line leveler settings, Has anyone adjusted it so I can get a little warmer sound from the speakers? The speakers are really clear but a little too high for my taste even with the bass turned all the way up. I played with the settings on the radio but really didn't help. I have the latest software from Harley 1.20.3 and the newest updated maps. I love the clarity but would like to know if I have any options regarding adjusting the line leveler. I've read don't touch it call Biketronics but im sure Im not the only one with this question. Thanks in advance
The line levelers come from BT tweaked pretty well for their stuff. If you do decide to play with them (and I agree with the others that you shouldn't mess with them) remember that they are micro-adjustable, it doesn't take much to make a big change and a lot of guys that play with them end up putting them back to default settings at some point. IF you really want more bass out of coax speakers, switch out the 7.1s for a set of moto 602s. I've ran both speakers and for the same power supplied the 602s have better bass response. The 180 w from the 2180 works well with the 602s.

nevera7 (02-25-2017)
Old 02-25-2017, 09:29 AM
WestTexasRanger
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Tailwind
Awesome stuff man!!!! Great install and damn glad u r happy!!!

One thing, don't forget to add 2 bolts (1 on each side of the audio stack) in order to stabilize the inner fairing a bit more. Actually makes a big difference.

As for good warmth out of those speaks, just not gonna happen. They are known for being pretty damn bright.

Don't not jack with those BT355 settings without adult supervision!!!! Call BT Mike and he might be able to help u make adjustments to let a few more lower end freqs thru the filter getting u a bump in warmth but it won't be much if any.

Congrats bro!!!

T
Like this:

Old 02-25-2017, 09:36 AM
cpbedor
Road Warrior
Received 201 Likes on 165 Posts

WTR-- I think I've see you write you got those white spacers at home depot. Happen to know what size? And what size allen bolt is that? As soon as Haze gets back to the states I'll have my speaker brackets so I get to go through this process too.

prattp (03-01-2017)
Old 02-25-2017, 10:09 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

Great install nevera! Looks good bro! Perfect example on how to do it right the first time!!

Old 02-25-2017, 11:49 AM
WestTexasRanger
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by cpbedor
WTR-- I think I've see you write you got those white spacers at home depot. Happen to know what size? And what size allen bolt is that? As soon as Haze gets back to the states I'll have my speaker brackets so I get to go through this process too.
Bought both at Lowes.

If memory services me right, the bolts were 1/4-20 x 2" allen-drive cap screws and the spacers were 1/2"OD x 1/4" ID x 1 1/4".

The following 3 users liked this post by WestTexasRanger:
cpbedor (02-25-2017), prattp (03-01-2017), toecat2000 (02-27-2017)

Quick Reply: Biketronics Amp and Speaker package install 2016 Street Glide Special