Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Progress Has Been Made

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2017, 01:16 PM
cpbedor
Road Warrior
Received 201 Likes on 165 Posts
Default Progress Has Been Made

I guess it's time for me to start a thread about an installation. Pieces have been slowly showing up and I can't complete anything until BT Brackets arrive. Figures the firs thing I need to put in is the last to arrive. At any rate, I don't know how to post a video...maybe pdevore can post it for me.

BT 4180 rear channel running AD Design CX62s in the lower pods and the tourpak pods and front channel running the DD AW65 with AT28 tweeters in the fairing. JL MXH 280/4 bridged to Pioneer Pros in the lids. Line levelers for another week until the brackets and the DSP arrives.

I don't have any speakers running in the fairing obviously but what I can say is this thing is crystal clear and loud as hell. The 6x9s in the lids are impressive. The pods thump. I can't imagine how much more will be added when the fairing speakers are added and the hood is back on the bike and I get to start tuning. When I started this I reached out to Haze and my question was "will this sound better than my 2 amp/8 speaker boom system" Safe to say the answer is yes. It already blows the boom stuff out of the water.

A huge thanks to bunches of members on this forum for advice and hands on help, Alex at BAL knows how to put components together and make them run. I have a huge smile on my face and my 11 year old riding partner was yelling at me to turn it down while we tested because it was so loud...I've only got a year, maybe two before it's not cool to be a passenger on the back of Dad's bike anymore so it's a big win that he's excited to jam with me rolling down the road. The fact that I'm still without the fairing speakers in this setup and it sounds this good is mindblowing. I'll throw pics up as soon as I get the rest of the stuff in and permanently mounted and Pete can show me how to add a video.

The following 2 users liked this post by cpbedor:
DDUCK22 (04-02-2018), matt76cmich (03-10-2017)
Old 03-12-2017, 04:25 PM
bobbyjoes
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by cpbedor
I guess it's time for me to start a thread about an installation. Pieces have been slowly showing up and I can't complete anything until BT Brackets arrive. Figures the firs thing I need to put in is the last to arrive. At any rate, I don't know how to post a video...maybe pdevore can post it for me.

BT 4180 rear channel running AD Design CX62s in the lower pods and the tourpak pods and front channel running the DD AW65 with AT28 tweeters in the fairing. JL MXH 280/4 bridged to Pioneer Pros in the lids. Line levelers for another week until the brackets and the DSP arrives.

I don't have any speakers running in the fairing obviously but what I can say is this thing is crystal clear and loud as hell. The 6x9s in the lids are impressive. The pods thump. I can't imagine how much more will be added when the fairing speakers are added and the hood is back on the bike and I get to start tuning. When I started this I reached out to Haze and my question was "will this sound better than my 2 amp/8 speaker boom system" Safe to say the answer is yes. It already blows the boom stuff out of the water.

A huge thanks to bunches of members on this forum for advice and hands on help, Alex at BAL knows how to put components together and make them run. I have a huge smile on my face and my 11 year old riding partner was yelling at me to turn it down while we tested because it was so loud...I've only got a year, maybe two before it's not cool to be a passenger on the back of Dad's bike anymore so it's a big win that he's excited to jam with me rolling down the road. The fact that I'm still without the fairing speakers in this setup and it sounds this good is mindblowing. I'll throw pics up as soon as I get the rest of the stuff in and permanently mounted and Pete can show me how to add a video.
how is install videos coming!thanks

Old 03-13-2017, 05:22 PM
pdevore
Tourer
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Chris
Send me the video and I will link it.

If this dang snow didn't show up last night I would have been able to stop by this morning.

Looking good Brother

Old 03-13-2017, 10:00 PM
cpbedor
Road Warrior

No sense in posting a vid of half the stuff installed when it's ALL in now. We'll get vids tomorrow when Pete is here after we have a little time on the laptop messing with the DSP. It sounds ridiculously good. I had the damndest time fitting everything in the fairing and I'm still not 100% sure it's going on without a fight. Breakout harness takes up way too much room. Once it's dialed in, she'll be a peach

Old 03-14-2017, 03:08 PM
pdevore
Tourer
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Chris,
Give these a shot, Let me know if you can not access them.

I think this is a great starting point, sounding good. Now lets get you some bass

Old 03-14-2017, 05:36 PM
cpbedor
Road Warrior

Name:  FC7B2DE3-39B9-4AEF-8D12-2470BB71FBF6_zps0axpfcll.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  235.4 KB
Name:  42B90DEC-B6B4-4ED5-9922-EE27B18B2457_zps0xrgksid.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  224.0 KB
Name:  697A0DAD-A4D6-42EE-A146-8043141CFAB8_zpsi8jcwjgh.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  300.1 KB

The last one is a mess. Lots of re-routing and zip ties to get the fairing on.

Install took a lot more time than I was hoping but everything is back together and sounds quite nice. Thanks again to all the guys that posted pics of their brackets and tweeter installs. Thanks Pete for showing up today and lending a hand.

Old 03-14-2017, 06:14 PM
bobbyjoes
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The last one is a mess. Lots of re-routing and zip ties to get the fairing on.

Install took a lot more time than I was hoping but everything is back together and sounds quite nice. Thanks again to all the guys that posted pics of their brackets and tweeter installs. Thanks Pete for showing up today and lending a hand.
very nice Chris,so no more line levelers just dsp,that make a huge difference?

Old 03-14-2017, 07:54 PM
Babyboy
Stellar HDF Member
Received 461 Likes on 387 Posts

Sounds pretty dam good Chris.

Looks like I need to wait for the money tree to blossom again.

Old 03-14-2017, 08:05 PM
cpbedor
Road Warrior

Makes a big difference. The level of control that the DSP gives the overall sound of the system is crazy. Being able to set crossovers for every individual speaker, set output levels...the whole downside of the BT amps is the inadjustability...this remedies a lot of that issue. The software isn't as overwhelming as it looks upon opening it and the best part is, no matter how much I screw it up, I can hit one button and go straight back to default settings which is a pretty darn good base map. The USB is routed through the glove box so tuning is super easy and nifty too. I'm on my way out of town for a week so I can't monkey with it anymore but I'm really looking forward to getting it out on the open road and hearing it then bringing it back to make the necessary adjustments. I am in love with the fact that I don't have the remove the fairing to make the adjustments. I'm excited to learn more about it...once Haze is done with Daytona and has time to play with it at his shop I'm sure he will be sharing some thoughts on it as well.

No regrets from this guy. Loving everything in the bike. The one thing I noticed more than anything is how good those AD Design CX62s sound. They are run parallel off the rear channel of the BT amp and they are crisp and solid. Have them crossed at 110Hz with a 12dB rolloff and they are extremely solid speakers and shouldn't be overlooked as an amazing option for pods, both tourpak as well as lowers.

The JL MHX280/4 was initially set to run Arc 692s in the lids and after some test runs it was super obvious that that amp didn't have the juice to drive them as much as they wanted to be pushed. I only know this because we took them over and put them on Pete's bike with a 4v2 bridged to them and they just HAMMERED. So my option was to get different speakers or get a different amp and for the moment, I opted to put the Pioneer Pros in and I've found them to be delightful. The horn on them is pretty bright but that's nothing the DSP can't take care of!

When I return from PHX I'll be messing around more with everything and I'll be happy to share anything meaningful that I discover.

Old 03-14-2017, 08:49 PM
Kitsoldman
Cruiser
Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Makes a big difference. The level of control that the DSP gives the overall sound of the system is crazy. Being able to set crossovers for every individual speaker, set output levels...the whole downside of the BT amps is the inadjustability...this remedies a lot of that issue. The software isn't as overwhelming as it looks upon opening it and the best part is, no matter how much I screw it up, I can hit one button and go straight backto default settings which is a pretty darn good base map. The USB is routed through the glove box so tuning is super easy and nifty too. I'm on my way out of town for a week so I can't monkey with it anymore but I'm really looking forward to getting it out on the open road and hearing it then bringing it back to make the necessary adjustments. I am in love with the fact that I don't have the remove the fairing to make the adjustments. I'm excited to learn more about it...once Haze is done with Daytona and has time to play with it at his shop I'm sure he will be sharing some thoughts on it as well.

No regrets from this guy. Loving everything in the bike. The one thing I noticed more than anything is how good those AD Design CX62s sound. They are run parallel off the rear channel of the BT amp and they are crisp and solid. Have them crossed at 110Hz with a 12dB rolloff and they are extremely solid speakers and shouldn't be overlooked as an amazing option for pods, both tourpak as well as lowers.

The JL MHX280/4 was initially set to run Arc 692s in the lids and after some test runs it was super obvious that that amp didn't have the juice to drive them as much as they wanted to be pushed. I only know this because we took them over and put them on Pete's bike with a 4v2 bridged to them and they just HAMMERED. So my option was to get different speakers or get a different amp and for the moment, I opted to put the Pioneer Pros in and I've found them to be delightful. The horn on them is pretty bright but that's nothing the DSP can't take care of!

When I return from PHX I'll be messing around more with everything and I'll be happy to share anything meaningful that I discover.
Man that's a great looking and sounding build. Did you solder the tweeter brackets to the grills? Or are my eyes playing tricks on me

Quick Reply: Progress Has Been Made