Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Omg powervision rocks!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 11:09 AM
hollandhunter
Road Captain
Received 127 Likes on 95 Posts
Default Omg powervision rocks!

Well i got my powervision installed on my bike this morning. It only has after markey bss pipes and it was decel popping like a mother before i installed the pv. Once i got it tuned with the pv that fuel moto sent me my bike freakin ran like a different bike. Had to try super hard just to make it pop on decel. In amazed to say the least. Now do i continue to mess with it using auto tune or do i ride it. Thats the question. Totally impressed.

Old 03-27-2017, 11:19 AM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,749 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Nice! Did you just flash the new tune from Fuel Moto without doing any auto tune runs at this point? Want to be even more impressed? Do a few auto tune runs It get's better.

If you'd rather just ride it a bit and enjoy it, there's nothing wrong with that either; the Fuel Moto maps are very good. If you do find you have a bit of decel popping and burbling you can go in to Quick Tune; under the 'fuel' tab you can add a couple of percentage points to the 'decel'. Do the same in 'V/E; add a few percentages in 'decel' and save them. A bit of trial and error on the percentages and you'll find your bike's sweet spot for zero decel popping and burbling...

Old 03-27-2017, 12:53 PM
NORTY FLATZ
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,387 Likes on 2,951 Posts

Nothing wrong with a little "burble." 😜

Old 03-27-2017, 01:32 PM
teal379
Tourer
Received 171 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ
Nothing wrong with a little "burble." 😜
Depends on if you just ate Taco Bell or not.

That said - my PV is danged impressive as well. Love it.

Old 03-27-2017, 02:02 PM
Nickd2689
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 257 Likes on 199 Posts

I'm still new to Powervision but I ran autotune when I broke my screamin eagle 117 kit (about 700 miles total) and still have decel pop like a sob. And on top of that, when I had HD put my bike on the dyno, they said it was running lean (15:1) in higher rpms. I'm wondering if I should try re-auto tuning my auto tune map. I just want the lean condition and decel popping gone and don't wanna spend 500 bucks to have it tuned. My only performance mods are the se117 kit and a d&d fatcat (performance baffle). Unfortunately I don't know **** about VE tables or adding fuel, and am having a hard time finding anything to learn from.

Old 03-27-2017, 02:50 PM
teal379
Tourer
Received 171 Likes on 92 Posts

When you do the auto-tune, you need to spend time in each RPM area till the PV picks up the state of tune - from what I understand.

Just because you ran the AT - doesn't mean you ran it at those RPM's long enough for the system to read and fill the fuel cell.

Old 03-27-2017, 02:54 PM
Nickd2689
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by teal379
When you do the auto-tune, you need to spend time in each RPM area till the PV picks up the state of tune - from what I understand.

Just because you ran the AT - doesn't mean you ran it at those RPM's long enough for the system to read and fill the fuel cell.
ok that makes sense. i just hate running the higher rpms so long. Does not sound good for the motor

Old 03-27-2017, 03:31 PM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,749 Likes on 3,962 Posts

When you auto tune set up 'datalog' to show the 'hits' screen; you'll be able to see the run fill in the cells from green to yellow to orange to red; red is maxed out.

This let's you see the areas you're missing; but I'm telling you, higher throttle percentages, higher RPM's, we've got to tune with wide band sensors to truly make the tables accurate. The Target Tune addition for the Power Vision is on my early summer wish list.

Anyone else remember the old days? Hit the hardware store for some allen socket heads, a few #4 brass washers, then stop by the HD dealer for a few pilot and main jets and then open up the carb and have at it? Yea, those are days gone bye

Old 03-27-2017, 03:50 PM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

Originally Posted by TinCupChalice
The Target Tune addition for the Power Vision is on my early summer wish list.
Which leads me to finally ask a question I've been wondering about...

The Auto Tune parameters... What is the system adjusting (AFR/VE only, I assume?) and what is it adjusting it TO (the target)? Also, who or what is defining the target?

Old 03-27-2017, 04:50 PM
Nickd2689
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by TinCupChalice

Anyone else remember the old days? Hit the hardware store for some allen socket heads, a few #4 brass washers, then stop by the HD dealer for a few pilot and main jets and then open up the carb and have at it? Yea, those are days gone bye

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-x9NcQ5TWc
Yea on my first bike, that being said, despite my tuning aggrivation, I'll never go back to carbs.

Quick Reply: Omg powervision rocks!