Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Dtc p0577

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 02:04 PM
captjag
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dtc p0577

I've had the check engine light come on after a ride of perhaps 10 miles. Shutting down the bike and restarting and it does not illuminate again for about another 10 miles or so. Pulled the code to be P0577. I have not noticed the cruise not working but maybe haven't used it on short runs to work and back. Will try today. I was looking for the Cruise drop out test procedure. I cleared the code but it after running the bike 5 minutes or so in the garage without riding, recheck the code and it was still there as if a current code, not historic. What do you think?

Old 03-28-2017, 10:06 PM
Teardrop
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Found this on the internet.

What does this mean? The Cruise Control System is controlled by the Body Control Module. The Body Control Module monitors driver inputs to the cruise control system and sends that request to the engine computer (PCM). If the body control module detects an invalid input from the cruise control switches, code P0577 will be set.
Symptoms
Cruise control will not operate
Common Problems That Trigger the P0577 Code
Body Control Module (BCM) failure
Cruise control master switch failure
Wiring issue

Old 03-29-2017, 01:47 PM
j_bee
Tourer
Received 79 Likes on 69 Posts

To enable cruise diagnostics :
Turn ignition on and enable cruise so icon lights up.
Turn ignition off.
Hold the cruise set switch on and turn ignition switch on again and let go off the set button pretty quickly, don't hold it on. You have to time it right but it's easy to do once you get the hang of it.
You should now be in cruise diagnostics.
Cruise light should go green when using the various cruise controlled items like set/ resume, front and rear brake, clutch pulled in, roll off etc.
If cruise icon stay yellow for any of the functions it indicates a problem with it.

Haven't looked up your particular code but just check it isn't something simply like your front brake switch sticking on.