Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

that was short… Deluxe Stolen! Advice?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 09:02 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've read where some say they have the keys hanging in the garage.
The insurance company would love to here one of those special people tell them that they made it easy to steal.

Old 09-18-2014, 09:43 PM
CajunIron
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Iron was stolen. Progressive took awesome care of me. Sent them pics and receipts for all my add ons. I think it was just over a week and they cut me a check. Love my Slim but miss my Iron 883....

Old 09-19-2014, 05:46 AM
Village Idiot™
Stellar HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

Where do all you people live that you're getting your vehicles stolen? I'd like to park my car there overnight with the keys in it.

Old 09-19-2014, 09:59 AM
Ronin99
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm NOT happy she's gone. I love that bike. but i don't think there's anything wrong looking forward if they can't find it. i had it locked both ignition and forks and i always lock it when i'm out of line of sight. I've only heard good things about Progressive which is who I have so hopefully they get me back on the road soon.

Old 09-19-2014, 10:38 AM
r1cochet
Tourer
Received 203 Likes on 86 Posts

One other thing - the thieves may be waiting for you to buy a new bike. You might have to enhance the security...

Old 09-19-2014, 08:04 PM
pat.h
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had a buddy hook up a cheap smart phone to his bike. Wired in a charger. Built a little case for it an made it look like a part on the bike....little did anyone know that phone had a child tracker app on it, he could locate the bike as long as it had a gps or cell signal, ....he waits for that day.

Last edited by pat.h; 09-19-2014 at 08:04 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-19-2014, 09:10 PM
jtarter
Road Master
Received 42 Likes on 21 Posts

I believe Progressive will cover up to $3000-$3500 of additional add ons, above & beyond what blue book is. Pictures/receipts are always good!

Old 09-20-2014, 10:30 AM
Mighty_Mickey
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

fork lock won't stop anyone, all they have to do is kick one end of the handle bar and the lock is toast... need audible alarm, disk lock so they have to carry it and not roll it away.. if they want it.. it's theirs.

Old 09-20-2014, 12:32 PM
HoggyMtnBreakdown
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by pat.h
Had a buddy hook up a cheap smart phone to his bike. Wired in a charger. Built a little case for it an made it look like a part on the bike....little did anyone know that phone had a child tracker app on it, he could locate the bike as long as it had a gps or cell signal, ....he waits for that day.
That's smart, but they'll find it as soon as they chop it, which doesn't take long. If I ever own a bike in the US, I'm going to put a GPS tracking chip on or in the frame, so it can be tracked, even if it's chopped. I would never put an audible alarm on my bike. Nobody even pays any attention to vehicle alarms anymore. They've just become a public nuisance. I want something that can either track it or shock the thieving bastards with 40,000 volts...

OP, sorry to hear of your misfortune. Hope they catch the scum who took it and that your insurance does you right.

Last edited by HoggyMtnBreakdown; 09-20-2014 at 12:35 PM.
Old 09-20-2014, 07:32 PM
deadeye
Road Warrior
Received 92 Likes on 57 Posts

Just curious if it had the factory alarm that is supposed to lock out the ignition? Since most new Harleys have this, and Harley shouldn't be giving out codes or new ignition modules to people without verifying ownership... do most stolen new Harleys just get stripped for parts?

Quick Reply: that was short… Deluxe Stolen! Advice?