Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V & H Big Shot Staggere, FP3 Fuel Management, VO2 Intake

Old 09-20-2014, 10:38 PM
SoftailSlimNick
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V & H Big Shot Staggered Exhaust, FP3 Fuel Management, VO2 Intake

Photo Album of the bike https://www.hdforums.com/g/album/1985999

Hi all,

Here is yet a review on some products I just installed on my Softail Slim.
They are all Vance and Hines products. I'm going to talk about specifically the:

V & H Big Shot Staggered Chrome exhaust
V & H FP3 Fuel Management
V & H VO2

Big Shot Staggered-
Great great GREAT sounding exhaust. Deep rumble at idle. Nothing high pitched or "pingy" sounding. When you ride it...it will get LOUD when you romp on it / give it all she's got. But then at cruising...you finally feel and sound like you're on a true Harley! Great power through the power range. From mid throttle to wide open.
Does it pop or gurgle bad when you let off and decelerate??? Before the FP3 fuel management...YES !

V & H VO2 High Flow Intake-
Easy easy EASY to install !!! Just from the appearance, I can see how it has the potential to increase air flow. I mean...it just basically replaces your filter house / air box and puts it all out in the open with the option of buying a cover that only covers the face of the filter. Not an ideal filter if you're hardcore enough to ride your bike rain or shine, sleet or snow haha
Does this fix the pop in the deceleration? I don't know...I installed the FP3.

V & H FP3-
Once again, easy easy EASY installation. Took only about 20 minutes for it to do its thing. Crunk it up and she sounded awesome! Took her out for a ride and all the pop and gurgle was gone from the deceleration. I was sooooo happy all this money wasn't wasted!

I give it all two thumbs way high up !!!

-Nick

Last edited by SoftailSlimNick; 09-20-2014 at 11:09 PM.
Old 09-20-2014, 11:55 PM
tripleb1911
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sweet!

Nice to see it when people are happy with the changes they make.

I want a Slim so bad it crazy! Been out here in Asscrackistan obsessing for four months.

I have a RKC custom that I like a lot but my long rides are fewer and fewer. But I cruise in around town everyday.

Never road a a Softail so I can not wait. Never even seen a Slim in real life. Just pics.

I plan to get the Big Shots as well. Just not sure if they will be black or chrome. I think I want the charcoal satin color Slim but still have to see it. If I get a black Slim the exhaust will be chrome like yours.

I really like the way the Big shots look and sound. ....on you tube. There are 2-1 exhaust that boost more HP but I feel they distract from the symmetry of the bike for some reason. No idea why I think that.

A V&H rep told me I do not need the FP3.3 if I have a V&H exhaust sys. I may have misunderstood what he meant. But he said the map I will DL will be the same as picking one off of the FP-3. He said the manual learning tune is for non-V&H exhaust.

I plan to get a SERT and dyno it anyway.

Another point of interest is the air intake, seems plenty will give you more air than the bike can do anything with in stage-1. But clean air may be the better improvement. Not routing the dirty hot crank air into the air intake is a consideration. I do it with my Ram truck. And I see a few guys on here that say its the way to go too. The DK587 is one AC that works this way but really I think you could use any AC just need to tap off the crank air tubes with little bolts that have screens in them like DC sells, or a step further and run a tube under the bike.

My local dealer has offered me a good deal on a left over 2014 Black Slim. But I still want to see the charcoal but of course he does not have one so I will have to drive a couple hours. HDs dealerships in S Ga are not plentiful.

Really nice pics!

Old 09-21-2014, 09:02 AM
jam436
Supporter
Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

I also have a Slim with the V&H BSS's, a FP3, but a different S&S Super A/C, which only differs in appearance, not performance.
As far as your overall assessment, I know exactly what you mean...