Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i know it sound ridiculous! tour pack on breakout?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2015, 01:57 PM
mseymour3
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by thephatboy2003
Nice job on the custom bracket......This is something that I've thought about for a long time for my Fatboy, just never got around to doing it......Nice to see I'm not the only one thinkin of this stuff. Very nice !!!
Thanks. I had a local machine shop make it for me to my specs. Side plates and top plate are all one piece but I had him make it 3 or so inches taller than where the normal Breakout luggage rack would be and it extends back a few inches further to allow more room for the Danny Gray passenger seat and so the passenger isn't so cramped up.

Michael

Old 09-10-2015, 01:28 AM
xlr8it
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Da-Rza 21
thanks for the pict wanted to see it mounted on bike that will work perfect with my kriega luggage..did you use any rubber or nylon washers between mounting points?
no washers , goes straight on

Old 09-10-2015, 02:05 AM
Piloto
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 18,461 Likes on 5,663 Posts

Ya know... At least it's practical. You can take it off when not in use. Your idea would not look nearly as dumb as all of those big front wheels running around.

I say go for it.

Old 09-10-2015, 07:42 AM
mseymour3
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Piloto
Ya know... At least it's practical. You can take it off when not in use. Your idea would not look nearly as dumb as all of those big front wheels running around.

I say go for it.
Yes it's completely quick detach just the same as any of Harley's other quick detach systems. Push the tabs and the entire bracket plus tour pak lifts off in a few seconds. Takes longer to find a place to store it when not in use than it does to remove. Same for the fairing. Have a week long 1000+ mile trip coming up so it's very useful. If it was just me I'd use a backpack and be done with it but as we all know - keep the old lady happy and you'll be happy.

Here's two pics showing the comparison and going from one to the other takes all of 1-2 minutes. Fairing clamps on front forks is all that's left.

Michael

Attached Thumbnails i know it sound ridiculous! tour pack on breakout?-img_3452.jpg   i know it sound ridiculous! tour pack on breakout?-img_3436.jpg  
Old 09-12-2015, 11:57 PM
matte
Stellar HDF Member
Received 788 Likes on 432 Posts

Originally Posted by mseymour3
Thanks. I had a local machine shop make it for me to my specs. Side plates and top plate are all one piece but I had him make it 3 or so inches taller than where the normal Breakout luggage rack would be and it extends back a few inches further to allow more room for the Danny Gray passenger seat and so the passenger isn't so cramped up.

Michael
Just saw this today. How much did that run you top have made? Any chance of ordering another? Would love to get my hands on that mount.

Old 09-13-2015, 07:12 AM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 510 Likes on 448 Posts

Originally Posted by fourhour
I fabricated the brackets for this because they don't make anything for a Deuce, and it can be installed/uninstalled in under three minutes. I use it strictly for road trips and it's very useful. Kind of got the idea from a softail I saw cruising around with the leather version and a solo seat.

Yikes!

Old 09-22-2015, 10:55 PM
Lindosan
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by erd04056
I am really thinking of adding a Tourpak to my Softail. Kinda like this one.
Mee too...... Love my BO and always driving solo, but going on long trips, I really do hang in the apes, so it would be great (dont care how it looks, since its detachable and for comfort) with support for my old back.

Anyone out there who knows where or how I can fit a detachable mounting rack for a solo Tourpak that will fit the BO or the best rack to customize for the BO ?

Old 08-31-2016, 06:25 PM
KINGBREAKOUT
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know its been a year but any chance you can send those specs and price. I would love to get a hd razer pak for trips. thank you

Old 08-31-2016, 06:40 PM
matte
Stellar HDF Member
Received 788 Likes on 432 Posts

Originally Posted by KINGBREAKOUT
I know its been a year but any chance you can send those specs and price. I would love to get a hd razer pak for trips. thank you
I have the specs for one and could probably cut it for you. Check out my breakout bagger thread. I can make it without the saddle bag mounts that I add. Pm me if interested.

Old 08-31-2016, 09:40 PM
KINGBREAKOUT
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you Matte and I love the storage space you've added to the bike. I was looking for more of a chopped style tour pak, I think yours is a king is that correct?

Quick Reply: i know it sound ridiculous! tour pack on breakout?