Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A stark reminder!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2014, 02:07 PM
Pitbull_Dallas
Road Master
Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by SPARKY01
Glad you came out OK! This is when you just want to get off the bike, drag them out of the car, and absolutely beat the **** out of them...and then shove there phone up there *** just so they can't text and drive either....OK Rant over!
Ditto. I was just being polite earlier..

Old 09-23-2014, 04:49 PM
Rodzilla6
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Glad it worked out...these death defying moments happen way too often...
Assume every cage it out to kill you...
Ride safe...

Old 09-23-2014, 04:58 PM
Str8six
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was on a two lane country road just about dark one night coming up on a side road that had two bikes waiting to pull out. I was about 1/2 mile from the side street and watched one of the riders pulled out, the other one stayed and waited for me to pass. The rider that pulled out got about 200 yards from the intersection and decided to wait on his buddy, in the middle of the road I was on. He never hit a brake or nothing. I ran up on him so fast I barely had time to jump in the oncoming lane to miss him! Damn I was so mad!

My dad told me when I was young and started riding street bikes, "Boy,you got to drive for everyone on the road!"

Old 09-23-2014, 04:58 PM
electricstart
Road Warrior
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Glad you and bike OK ,that will keep you alert for a while . Good heads up though ,I feel this is best time a year to ride too. Cool ,bike runs great . I find myself getting caught up in the ride . I thought it was an old age thing.

Old 09-23-2014, 05:10 PM
Pitbull_Dallas
Road Master

Originally Posted by Str8six
I was on a two lane country road just about dark one night coming up on a side road that had two bikes waiting to pull out. I was about 1/2 mile from the side street and watched one of the riders pulled out, the other one stayed and waited for me to pass. The rider that pulled out got about 200 yards from the intersection and decided to wait on his buddy, in the middle of the road I was on. He never hit a brake or nothing. I ran up on him so fast I barely had time to jump in the oncoming lane to miss him! Damn I was so mad!

My dad told me when I was young and started riding street bikes, "Boy,you got to drive for everyone on the road!"
I hope this thread doesn't make folks think that bikers can do no wrong. Far from it. Since I ride I've always been on the lookout for bikes when I'm in my big **** truck. I don't just look in the mirrors, I ratchet my head And look twice when maneuvering, and even with the extra effort bikers sometimes put themselves in a bad situation. A good example is.riding on someone's quarter panel. It's hard enough to see a 4000 pound vehicle sitting there, much less a bike. I wont even begin to get into crotch rocket riders. Remember your objective is to be seen.

Old 09-23-2014, 05:13 PM
Pitbull_Dallas
Road Master

Originally Posted by Str8six

I hope this thread doesn't make folks think that bikers can do no wrong. Far from it. Since I ride I've always been on the lookout for bikes when I'm in my big **** truck. I don't just look in the mirrors, I ratchet my head And look twice when maneuvering, and even with the extra effort bikers sometimes put themselves in a bad situation. And no, you can't always hear them. A good example is.riding on someone's quarter panel. It's hard enough to see a 4000 pound vehicle sitting there, much less a bike. I wont even begin to get into crotch rocket riders. Remember your objective is to be seen.

Old 09-24-2014, 02:00 AM
Bone Doc
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,863 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Hell Tony, that's quite the pucker moment. Very happy you and the bike are fine.

Ride safe brothers.

Old 09-24-2014, 04:56 AM
DirtyThirty
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pitbull_Dallas
I hope this thread doesn't make folks think that bikers can do no wrong. Far from it. Since I ride I've always been on the lookout for bikes when I'm in my big **** truck. I don't just look in the mirrors, I ratchet my head And look twice when maneuvering, and even with the extra effort bikers sometimes put themselves in a bad situation. A good example is.riding on someone's quarter panel. It's hard enough to see a 4000 pound vehicle sitting there, much less a bike. I wont even begin to get into crotch rocket riders. Remember your objective is to be seen.
First off to the OP glad to hear you are ok, and the bike too. Few years ago I was driving to work in a tiny ford focus hatchback, and saw a bike coming up behind me in my mirrors. Speed limit slowed so I slowed down, and waited for the bike to pass so I could change lanes. I finally had to hit my brakes (I was doing the speed limit for once) since I couldn't see the knucklehead in my mirrors, but knew he was right next to me. Dude was on a sport bike. Even had a car do that to me a few months back in my SUV.

Old 09-24-2014, 09:49 AM
Fat11Lo
Road Warrior
Received 470 Likes on 250 Posts

Tony, glad you're OK man. I put down a pretty good skid about a month back, had a guy pull out in front of me and stop, a car beside me and nowhere to go. I reached the point to where I was picking out my spot to hit their car. Bike was skidding and starting to slide sideways out from under me, I started aiming for the trunk so I wouldn't go through the door glass when at the last second he pulled away and I was able to get the bike straightened back up and pull out of it. People are scary out there, other riders too, my work truck is a F750 and some of the stupid stuff people pull around that thing just makes me shake my head.

Ride safe bro, its getting to be deer season

Old 09-24-2014, 09:50 AM
thephatboy2003
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I too am glad that the OP is ok. There is the one post that says it's not them, it's us that have to be more vigilant in Paying attention and looking basically because the other driver so many times doesn't.......I'm just very happy that after enough Years and Miles to no longer be considered a "NEW RIDER".....I still am very aware, always looking, not giving the guy in the cage with the blinker on the benefit of the doubt that he isn't gonna pull out infront of me. Still have that New Rider, not hesitation, but carefulness of making sure I'm ready to stop for the next BONEHEAD that pulls that HUEY infront of me.

Quick Reply: A stark reminder!