Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wait is killing me

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2014, 07:26 PM
Triple M
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Once again thanks for your service and congrats on you bike choice. One other thing, glad to see you're from Arkansas. I'm from the northeast corner.

Old 10-09-2014, 07:52 AM
black01
Tourer
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Ill say it again, thank you for your service. Hopefully thinking about all the places your going to ride will help pass time on the flight home. I had a friend tell me they had a layover in Italy for some reason so they got all drunked up and took every plant they could find in the motel and put it in their room. When they left the room looked like a jungle.

Old 10-09-2014, 08:01 AM
lemonade_07flstc
Extreme HDF Member
Received 276 Likes on 276 Posts

Thank You for your Service. Congrats on the new ride, bet you cant wait to get home and make it yours.

Old 10-11-2014, 09:25 PM
Blake USMC Vet
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just to give an update. All ordered parts; pipes, intake, seat, led headlight, tuner, dyno, speedometer, and the fuel tank guage have arrived and awaiting install. The only parts left to get in are the handlebars, cables, and grips. The dealer has my bike scheduled for install on Tuesday.

Old 10-12-2014, 12:24 AM
paulmj
Tourer
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Which LED headlight did you go for?

Old 10-12-2014, 12:35 AM
Blake USMC Vet
Tourer

I went with the Daymaker from Harley. Had it on my Wideglide and was pleased with it.

Old 10-12-2014, 04:30 AM
MNtadpole
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Default This Thread Hits Home

Waiting for a bike is the story of my life at this point. I've been stationed overseas in Japan for almost 6 years. Of those 6 years, 3 of them have been me waiting/saving for my Harley dream machine. Surprisingly enough my dream machine is also a Softail Slim...though in a black denim(no longer available) I was lucky enough to have a local Japanese dealership allow me to do a demo on the Slim, which was an amazing experience! I really need to get over the sales guys here and finalize my order. I'm having the hardest time trying to pull the trigger on a color choice. I like the Charcoal Satin, Amber Whiskey/Vivid Black, and Charcoal Satin/Vivid Black...you also can't go wrong with stand-alone Vivid Black. Seems like the hardest thing in the world to decide! I won't be rotating Stateside until roughly January, to frigid Chicago, Illinois. I've already come to terms with only being able to garage it until Spring, kind sucks.

@Blake USMC- Hey be sure to post some high-res pictures of your Radioactive Machine!!! I would love to see it.

Old 10-12-2014, 04:46 AM
Blake USMC Vet
Tourer

I will be posting plenty of pics and vids. My second choice of color was the Charcoal/Black. I was over on Okinawa for a yr as my first duty station, had a blast. @MNtadpole happy Navy B-day.

Old 10-12-2014, 05:16 AM
Jimstang
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats on the purchase, Blake! As a military man myself, thanks for your service.
My situation was similar. I ordered my 14' Breakout when I returned from deployment in October 13' and waited 4 months for it to arrive. By the time it arrived in port at customs, I had just arrived to Germany for a 6 week PME course. I had pipes, air cleaner, levers, pegs, grips, daymaker headlamp, lowering kit, and other misc parts just sitting my garage. Longest 6 weeks of my life haha.

Old 10-12-2014, 05:19 AM
Blake USMC Vet
Tourer

That will be me next yr as I will be on my second round of mods. Gonna finish the black out look and maybe down the road the 120R engine.

Quick Reply: Wait is killing me