Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wait is killing me

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2014, 06:07 PM
Blake USMC Vet
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys. It was my first bike with apes on it and am kicking myself for not getting any apes on my previous bike. The ride is so comfortable I might just get another Softail for my next bike when that time comes. I still have the Motherwell luggage rack and a Derby cover to put on that will be the next items to do.

Old 10-17-2014, 06:09 PM
Blake USMC Vet
Tourer

@Tadpole. I know my dealer has sold just one other Radioactive Green bike but it was a touring model. When I got to the dealer today to get it I was told that people have been fighting over my bike just because of the paint. You really cant see all the detail on the Harley website. I never knew about the black sketch marks that are around the gas tank, front, and rear fenders.

Old 10-17-2014, 06:57 PM
turbotom1052
Road Master
Received 109 Likes on 79 Posts

come home safe, and thanks for your service

Old 10-17-2014, 08:29 PM
MNtadpole
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Radioactive Green

Originally Posted by Blake USMC Vet
@Tadpole. I know my dealer has sold just one other Radioactive Green bike but it was a touring model. When I got to the dealer today to get it I was told that people have been fighting over my bike just because of the paint. You really cant see all the detail on the Harley website. I never knew about the black sketch marks that are around the gas tank, front, and rear fenders.
I can easily say that your pictures are the most high-def and close-up photos i have seen yet of the Radioactive Green. Along with you, i never realized that those were a sketch like design. I thought they were just an outlining pinstriping. Its a really nice touch. Back before the 2015 models/paint was publicly posted on the HD website, i had early sneak peek at the color pallet for 2015 at the Navy Exchange Car Sales on base...only the little paint chip examples in the book. Both the HD website and that book do not do the actual paint justice, from what i can tell from your pictures. Its kinda surprising how limited the HD website's up-close view of bikes are. I mean, they have that cool 360 degree viewing tool, but that is more of a CGI image IMO. I'm still battling trying to make a final decision on my Slim's paint...i have a month to think about it. Maybe i will just get one of the current choices resprayed with some matte black. Anyways, thanks for the picture posts. Be sure to add your photos to the thread "Softail SLIM - Let's See the Pics!!!".

Old 10-17-2014, 08:51 PM
Blake USMC Vet
Tourer

@tadpole, already posted the same pics on that thread.

Old 10-18-2014, 02:08 AM
Piloto
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 18,461 Likes on 5,663 Posts

100% badass. Nice.

Old 10-22-2014, 11:28 PM
Blake USMC Vet
Tourer

And some pics of some parts I put on recently. Black headlight trim ring, Smoked lenses for front and rear signals, 103 timer cover, CVMA derby cover, motherwell luggage rack. Just waiting on ner mirrors to get here.