Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wide glide trees and breakout wheels on my rocker

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 09:18 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 24v
I know this is not the correct axle, but this is the guy Jo was telling you about, try contacting him?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Flush-Mount-...4118da&vxp=mtr
I reached out to that dude already. Ofcourse my luck he doesn't make them for the rocker anymore.

Old 10-01-2014, 09:24 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by LaidInk
I can't remember who but there was a thread a year ago about the hhi trees and being able to just use a dyna wide glide axle or 08 up bagger axle I'll do some hunting tho
I'm gonna look into that as well. Thanks for going through the trouble Laid.

There is a bike show locally on October 19th. I was hoping to be done by then so I could ride my bike to it. It's not looking too good right now.

When I mocked up the spacers for the front wheel today the exhaust side spacer looked like it was gonna be too short.

Old 10-01-2014, 10:56 PM
LaidInk
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry this took so long but here it is (went out of the house for a bit)

Originally Posted by TRUSTNOBODY
hay tree,

yah thats the trees i have. i bought the axle kit too but was a waste of money for me cause since i went with custom wheels i didnt need the rotor spacer or fender spacers i only used the axle but they didnt send me the sleeve that goes in the fork tube. your stock axle has a bolt that holds it together, there gonna a send u a stock 25mm wide glide axle with male threads they didnt send me the nut and washer either but jeff took care of it for me. if your gonna use the stock wheel i can send u the whole kit for $20 u will need a axle (41547-07A) $64.99 axle nut (7813A) $1.49 washer (6655) $.99 and your gonna need that axle sleeve for the fork leg which u can get from hhi or have one machined the dimension for that is .984 od .750 id and 1.375 in length. also the bottom tree is drilled and tapped for a internal stop i used the pro-one internal stop theres 2 slots on the stop just make sure u bolt it on the trees were the shorter slot is towards the rear of the bottom tree so the trees wont hit your gas tank when u turn your bars. its very simple to install if u call and cancel your axle kit youll save some money the kit i have is brand new and u can get the axle and etc from ronnies mailorder thats where i got the price s from. let me know if i can help
and another quote from trust, he's still around on the forums so he might be able to give you a heck of a hand with the axle. I used hhi's axle and wideglide spacers for the fat 50's (trying to get an answer on what spacers to get was a huge deal like 8 phone calls if i rememeber correctly)

Originally Posted by TRUSTNOBODY
Yah definetly the axle is from a 08-up bagger and any flush mount axle for a 08-up will work too but i dont trust flushmount axles due to there allen bolt design. I bought drag specialties axle covers and there pretty sweet and clean

thread is located here: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...el-pics-6.html

Last edited by LaidInk; 10-01-2014 at 11:00 PM.
Old 10-01-2014, 11:25 PM
Hawaii-Five-Jo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Hit him up was just gonna say look him up. He just replied on my thread earlier today

Last edited by Hawaii-Five-Jo; 10-01-2014 at 11:27 PM.
Old 10-02-2014, 12:22 AM
Alain
Elite HDF Member

Laid, you are tha man brah!!!!!!!!!!!

Gonna reach out to him.

Hope the spacers I got from HD (which are for the breakout) fit!!!!

Old 10-02-2014, 06:35 AM
24v
Elite HDF Member
Received 699 Likes on 381 Posts

So basically TRUSTNOBODY put a sleeve in the fork leg, then ran the smaller axle end through that. That's a good idea, you just need to find a machine shop that can make you a sleeve to fit in there.

I'm not sure what he means about flush mounts with their "allen bolt design". There is no allan bolt on my flush mount? You use a 3/4" socket on the end of it to tighten it up.

Old 10-02-2014, 07:47 AM
Alain
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by 24v
So basically TRUSTNOBODY put a sleeve in the fork leg, then ran the smaller axle end through that. That's a good idea, you just need to find a machine shop that can make you a sleeve to fit in there.

I'm not sure what he means about flush mounts with their "allen bolt design". There is no allan bolt on my flush mount? You use a 3/4" socket on the end of it to tighten it up.
Yep, I just got a pm from him and that's what he suggested. I just don't know where I'm gonna go to find a piece of metal stock with those dimmentions he gave me for the inner diameter .750 mm and outer diameter 25 mm (I'm guessing that outside diameter measurement is in inches) ?

Last edited by Alain; 10-02-2014 at 07:58 PM.
Old 10-02-2014, 07:49 AM
24v
Elite HDF Member
Received 699 Likes on 381 Posts

You just need to go to a machine shop.

Old 10-02-2014, 07:54 AM
Alain
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by 24v
You just need to go to a machine shop.
That easy huh? Gonna try and look for one

Old 10-05-2014, 06:15 AM
Alain
Elite HDF Member

Turns out my next door neighbor has a lathe in his garage. Didn't need to search for a machine shop!!!! Another shout out to my neighbor Bob lolol.

Here is the sleeve we made. O.d. Is 25 mm and i.d. Is .750. Those are the dimensions I got from TRUSTNOBODY.
We didn't cut the sleeve to length yet since I don't have the breakout axle (Gonna go on Monday and see if the stealer has one in stock) and I want to make sure we don't cut it too short.

Cross yer fingers !!

Attached Thumbnails Wide glide trees and breakout wheels on my rocker-image.jpg  

Quick Reply: Wide glide trees and breakout wheels on my rocker