Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wide glide trees and breakout wheels on my rocker

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 12:26 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Here is the top triple tree where the powder cost got rubbed off. So annoyed about it. Luckily it's a small amount. Gonna touch it up with paint and it should be good.

Those of you that do this keep this in mind. I got so carried away with finishing that I didn't give it much thought.

Attached Thumbnails Wide glide trees and breakout wheels on my rocker-image.jpg  
Old 10-22-2014, 06:09 PM
Extinguishfire
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it only touching the top triple tree because of a tank lift?

Old 10-22-2014, 07:16 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member

There is no tank lift on my bike anymore. So the tank is at stock height. The top tree leans a lot further back than stock that's why it rubs.

Takes 20 minutes to grind the dash down though. If you don't wanna do that than cutting it is the only other solution I see. It would be impossible to dent the dash in the front without ruinning the whole thing.

Old 04-12-2017, 04:32 PM
Norwich boy
6th Gear
Default Hi

Hi Alain
do you have part numbers for axle & trees please ?
I want to make sure I get the right parts .
Ps
did you use 5deg trees as you changed to 21" wheel?
Thanks

Old 04-13-2017, 08:34 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Norwich boy
Hi Alain
do you have part numbers for axle & trees please ?
I want to make sure I get the right parts .
Ps
did you use 5deg trees as you changed to 21" wheel?
Thanks
Bro, this was such a long time ago that I can't remember part numbers. I called HHI and spoke to them directly when I ordered. AS soon as you tell them whT bike they have they will direct you to the correct parts. They were really good on the phone. Make sure you buy the new axle for the front wheel from them.

Yes, if I remember correctly I went with the 5 degree kit.
I recommend you call them and tell them what size front wheel you're gojng to run. They'll hook you up with all the correct info. Good luck.

Old 04-14-2017, 03:10 AM
Norwich boy
6th Gear
Default Thanks

Hi . Thanks for getting back to me . I mailed them & told them what I wanted to do . They told me it's impossible due to the crazy offset of the front wheel . I said I'd seen yours & that they sold the parts but they just came back & said they'd sell me parts but with a disclaimer attached lol
is there anything I need to know about front wheel before I begin , did you just shave spacers or did u have to space out rotor or anything ?
You mention bearing race too do I need to change mine ?
Thanks for your help & have yourself an awesome day !

Old 04-24-2017, 10:54 PM
Gdraco
1st Gear

Hello Alain,

I have a 2010 Rocker C and doing the same conversion I already have the HHI Wide Glide 5* triple trees and axle. I see it's been awhile since your conversion, but any assistance would be greatly appreciated just have a couple of questions. I see you didn't use the stock front brake discs on the 21" wheel, was that by choice or you had to change it? How about the front brake caliper, were you able to use the stock one or had to change it also? If you had to change the front brake disc and caliper to accommodate the 21" wheel could you please let me know where you got them from. Thanks....

Old 04-25-2017, 06:30 PM
Gdraco
1st Gear

Hey Norwich,
I got the HHI part numbers if you still need them.

Old 04-26-2017, 06:34 AM
Norwich boy
6th Gear
Default Thanx

Originally Posted by Gdraco
Hello Alain,

I have a 2010 Rocker C and doing the same conversion I already have the HHI Wide Glide 5* triple trees and axle. I see it's been awhile since your conversion, but any assistance would be greatly appreciated just have a couple of questions. I see you didn't use the stock front brake discs on the 21" wheel, was that by choice or you had to change it? How about the front brake caliper, were you able to use the stock one or had to change it also? If you had to change the front brake disc and caliper to accommodate the 21" wheel could you please let me know where you got them from. Thanks....
thanks . That would be very helpful bud . 👍

Old 05-03-2017, 07:34 PM
Gdraco
1st Gear

Hello Norwich Boy,

Sorry for the delay, the 49mm Wide Glide Triple Trees Chrome/5 degree for a Rocker C that part number is 49WGCR5-RKR and Wide Glide Conversion Kit Polished is WGCK-P802. Hope this helps...Good Luck....

Cheers..

Quick Reply: Wide glide trees and breakout wheels on my rocker