Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wide glide trees and breakout wheels on my rocker

Old 05-25-2017, 04:03 PM
TOMMYBLAZIN
Road Master
Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Alain
Bro, this was such a long time ago that I can't remember part numbers. I called HHI and spoke to them directly when I ordered. AS soon as you tell them whT bike they have they will direct you to the correct parts. They were really good on the phone. Make sure you buy the new axle for the front wheel from them.

Yes, if I remember correctly I went with the 5 degree kit.
I recommend you call them and tell them what size front wheel you're gojng to run. They'll hook you up with all the correct info. Good luck.
when we getting together for a ride brotha, I have another bud with a blackened rocker c...be 3 custom badass rockers..lol

Old 02-01-2021, 12:28 PM
JebErbas
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Firstly sorry for digging up an old thread but I’m currently stuck!

I have a 2008 Rocker C and doing the Breakout wheels conversion on the bike.

ive got the HHI Wide Glide Trees, Infernal Fork Stop and HHI axle, running the stock Rocker C Lower Legs.

for the life of me, I can’t see how I will get the wheel centred and have the caliper centred on the rotor.

It seems that which ever way I look at it the wheel will be offset if I have the rotor and caliper aligned/centred properly.

how on earth did you all get the wheel centred? Was there anything machined down etc?

Really stuck here folks!

Old 02-01-2021, 01:17 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by JebErbas
Firstly sorry for digging up an old thread but I’m currently stuck!

I have a 2008 Rocker C and doing the Breakout wheels conversion on the bike.

ive got the HHI Wide Glide Trees, Infernal Fork Stop and HHI axle, running the stock Rocker C Lower Legs.

for the life of me, I can’t see how I will get the wheel centred and have the caliper centred on the rotor.

It seems that which ever way I look at it the wheel will be offset if I have the rotor and caliper aligned/centred properly.

how on earth did you all get the wheel centred? Was there anything machined down etc?

Really stuck here folks!
I had my own wheel spacers made from aluminum when I did my swap. I centered the brake rotor in the caliper and took my measurements for spacers.

if I were you I would buy a set of Breakout front wheel spacers from HD and try those. If they don’t work out they should at least be very close to what you need. You can go from there.

don’t worry too much about the wheel not being centered in between the fork tubes. If I remember correctly they are supposed to be a bit off centered.

I would go out to my driveway and look at my bike for you but it is currently under a Bike Shield cover with 18 inches of snow on it lol.

maybe someone else here will look at their front end and confirm that the front wheel is off centered on the front forks.

Old 02-01-2021, 05:55 PM
Rocker B
Road Warrior
Received 308 Likes on 210 Posts

Yes...the wheel on both the Rocker and Breakout is off center to the right. I had larger spacers turned down to fit when I put the 21" wheel on my Rocker.