Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket fairing for my heritage

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 08:23 PM
tidbit080
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket fairing for my heritage

I was wondering if anyone knows if all of the aftermarket fairings loom as small and as weird as the one I seen on a bike today. Just looked ALOT different than the original fairings like on the street glides and ultras. Kind of looked like it didn't even belong on the bike. Was wanting to buy one but only if it would look like it came from factory with it.

Old 09-28-2014, 08:51 PM
Hocus-Pocus
Road Master
Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

I've had a Hoppe fairing on my '08 Heritage for about 4 years. It did add a small amout of weight to the front end but, after a short period of time, I was used to it. IMHO, any possible down sides were negated by the quality of the stereo and, the better ride due to , decreased blasting from the wind. Yes, I know we deal with wind while riding bikes but, I'm able to ride longer due to the reduced wind blast that after awhile does, make you more fatigued.

Edit: The Hoppe fairing is very similar to the batwing fairings that HD has.

Old 09-28-2014, 09:32 PM
PHXBiker
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got a Dead Center. Had it on for a year and half and haven't taken it off. Very high quality. Mine is unpainted but imho the black fairing matches my Vivid Black RK just fine. I'd say it looks real similar to stock and uses the same windshields.

Old 09-29-2014, 07:59 AM
Quadancer
Elite HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

I'm trying to put a Street Glide fairing on mine that came off a Yamamama...I just wish someone had done it first and posted pics of the mounts; this is gonna be a BOOGER!

Old 09-29-2014, 10:45 AM
From_Behind
Club Member

Received 893 Likes on 513 Posts

Have you looked at Reckless Motorcycles?

Old 09-29-2014, 11:17 AM
RHPAW
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 13,729 Likes on 6,187 Posts

dragonflycycleconcepts.com

Old 09-29-2014, 11:49 AM
uncle kebo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,340 Likes on 2,199 Posts

I use an LRS who is a sponsor - Great stuff

Old 09-29-2014, 11:58 AM
checkers
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 273 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by tidbit080
I was wondering if anyone knows if all of the aftermarket fairings loom as small and as weird as the one I seen on a bike today. Just looked ALOT different than the original fairings like on the street glides and ultras. Kind of looked like it didn't even belong on the bike. Was wanting to buy one but only if it would look like it came from factory with it.
Reckless brand are built just south of Knoxville, TN. I don't know where you live in NC, might be close. They have a good batwing for the money. The Memphis Shades batwing is a low cost light weight batwing that is easy to take off and on.

Old 09-29-2014, 03:05 PM
Whoknew72
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You might have seen the Memphis Shades batwing shaped windshield. Those look funky to me. Reckless looks good as far as I can tell.

Old 09-30-2014, 08:00 AM
checkers
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 273 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by Whoknew72
You might have seen the Memphis Shades batwing shaped windshield. Those look funky to me. Reckless looks good as far as I can tell.
Memphis Shades sells a Batwing fork mounted fairing, brackets, lowers, tinted, clear, and radio's to go with them. They have been selling these for years, There is no inner fairing, but they do work well and look good. They are shipped in gloss black and paintable. These are not the clear barn doors.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket fairing for my heritage