Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Danny Gray Breakout Solo Seat - Velco

Old 09-30-2014, 09:00 PM
Hunter5179
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice job

Old 09-30-2014, 09:16 PM
JimGnitecki
Road Warrior
Received 173 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Stone Cliff
Wow, so now this has become a safety issue...really? 'yes, I went flying off my bike because the seat was not bolted down" LOL!!!! OMGsh!! Haha. Maybe we should start requiring moto seat belts?
This is getting just stupid. Do what you want.

Jim G

Old 09-30-2014, 09:41 PM
Stone Cliff
Tourer

Originally Posted by JimGnitecki
This is getting just stupid. Do what you want.

Jim G
Just kidding, Jim. We all respect you, seriously!

Old 09-30-2014, 10:31 PM
JimGnitecki
Road Warrior
Received 173 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Stone Cliff
Just kidding, Jim. We all respect you, seriously!
Thanks, Stone Cliff. I take safety pretty seriously because of my early career in industrial plant management, where safety was a very big deal People who broke the rules or violated the best practices got very badly hurt or killed.

In the bloodiest accident in one of my plants, a 3rd shift worker who momentarily forgot a safety rule got his entire lower right arm into a high pressure pinch point and lost his hand and arm up to his elbow in about a second. I wasn't there for the actual accident (2am), but I was told the screaming was pretty blood curdling.I picked up and drove his wife to the hospital at 3am, and all she could think about was how were they going to make a living now that her husband had lost a limb and they had an apartment full of kids. Things like that stay with you.

Jim G

Old 09-30-2014, 10:43 PM
Stone Cliff
Tourer

Thanks, Stone Cliff. I take safety pretty seriously because of my early career in industrial plant management, where safety was a very big deal People who broke the rules or violated the best practices got very badly hurt or killed.

In the bloodiest accident in one of my plants, a 3rd shift worker who momentarily forgot a safety rule got his entire lower right arm into a high pressure pinch point and lost his hand and arm up to his elbow in about a second. I wasn't there for the actual accident (2am), but I was told the screaming was pretty blood curdling.I picked up and drove his wife to the hospital at 3am, and all she could think about was how were they going to make a living now that her husband had lost a limb and they had an apartment full of kids. Things like that stay with you.

Jim G

Understood and appreciated, Jim. Didn't mean to make light of it, Brother.

Old 09-30-2014, 11:41 PM
SoCalSoftailSlim
Elite HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

So what's wrong with the bolt again? Is it not pretty enough or something?

Old 10-01-2014, 03:04 AM
EagleRay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 100 Likes on 96 Posts

No offense, Jim. I didn't intend to make your safety concerns sound stupid. I got your point.

Ride safe!

Former post content deleted as it did not add any value to the discussion

Last edited by EagleRay; 10-01-2014 at 10:17 AM. Reason: Unnecessary text removed ;)
Old 10-01-2014, 06:37 AM
Rodzilla6
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Danny Gray uses metal and bolt for the same reason Harley does: in an accident or even a severe avoidance move, a seat that is not STRONGLY and RIGIDLY fastened to the bike will move a bit (or a lot), and that movement can be enough to cause you to "jerk" in your control of the bike, or to lose control entirely, and that can lead to disaster. That's why.

The velcro may seem like "enough", but in accident avoidance maneuvers, and even far more during actual collisions, that velcro will give way VERY quickly, as the acceleration force involved are so huge.

Harley warns you specifically about this in the owner's manual, without explaining why though.

Jim G
Ditto...plus someone could pull your new seat off and bag it on you...at least if it's bolted like my Danny Gray seat, they would need to work at it...

Old 10-01-2014, 07:41 AM
24v
Elite HDF Member
Received 699 Likes on 381 Posts

This whole thread cracks me up. I thought about using velcro for my seat, but I did not just because bolts make me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

Old 10-01-2014, 11:41 AM
proraptor
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Velcro on my harley? No thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Danny Gray Breakout Solo Seat - Velco