Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slow low mileage summer!

Old 09-30-2014, 10:15 PM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Slow low mileage summer!

Its been a long but short and very odd summer. I have not been on much and when I was it was of no good importance. To wrap it up in a nutshell, I retired, in spite of that I did very little riding, I have yet to hit 1100 miles this summer!!!

Having said that, the bike had a rather busy summer. before you ask "why all summer and not during this winter" question? I have no good answer other than I started on one thing and it led to 5 more and I was just having fun doing it!!!

The SE heads were pulled and then flowed, ported and polished. The intakes were replaced with 1.63" valves and the exhaust were replaced with 2" valves with new springs. That top end only had about 3500 miles on it so the cylinder walls were perfect so all I had to do was slip in a new set if SE rings.

My ECM and SE Race tuner fried on me so I had to replace the ECM and I replaced the SE pro tuner with the Dynojet Powervision tuner then had it Dyno'd. I got 97HP and 101 of torque.

I then had the SE 211 cams pulled and had them replaced with the Feuling Reaper 574 cam. Then I had the tensioner, cam plate, oil pump and all bearings pulled and replaced with the new SE upgrade kit, hydraulic tensioner, cam plate, bigger oil pump and Timpken bearings back in it. I also put in a new set of SS lifters.

Then on the back I had a module installed that will cause my blinkers to work with my tail and brake light and it flashes 8 or 10 times before it goes solid red. I then had a Cree HID headlight put in up front. Its much, much better but other than that I know little about it. That was a lot of fun, oh what I could/would do if I ever hit the lottery!!!

Ride safe Brothers and Sisters.

MAJOR EDIT!!! I forgot to add the loudest addition and the coolest edition of this last journey!!! The loudest? I added the Dual trumpet air horn by Howards and by far the Coolest think of all? The PINK slip baby, the Title is now in my hands!!!

Last edited by tbonetony06; 10-02-2014 at 03:20 PM.
Old 10-01-2014, 12:57 AM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 56 Posts

Summer does go too fast. We had snow in June and again in September this year. I still am in the "Work on it in the winter" camp. Soon as the ice melts I want to be riding. At least you can enjoy it for next summer.

Old 10-01-2014, 02:33 AM
Hawaii-Five-Jo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice! I wanna start my motor next. Here in hawaii the biggest motorcycle event for the island is our Christmas toy run, so i alway do summer mods lol

Old 10-01-2014, 02:46 AM
Darryls48
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hawaii-Five-Jo
Nice! I wanna start my motor next. Here in hawaii the biggest motorcycle event for the island is our Christmas toy run, so i alway do summer mods lol
I hear that's fun. I wanna get in on that, when and where usually?

Old 10-01-2014, 02:59 AM
Hawaii-Five-Jo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Darryls48
I hear that's fun. I wanna get in on that, when and where usually?
Usually first Sunday of December. Meet up at magic island

Old 10-01-2014, 03:59 PM
Dutch101st
Road Captain
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I got about 5K this summer...not bad for a new rider who just started really getting out of the garage at the end of April...