Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Boy

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2014, 04:24 AM
nadeemalm
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fat Boy

I was about to take delivery of my first Harley - fatboy from the dealership in India , but one night before the guys at the dealership discovered a leakage from top of the tank.
Sad to see such poor quality ajd quality control at Harley.

Old 10-18-2014, 07:20 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

actually if you ever come to the States, and go to the York Pennsylvania plant where every softail is made you'll see they're very strict on quality control. That bike just got shipped around the world.. who knows what may have happened to it, where something got knocked around or the ship it was on ran in to a storm.

But good on the guys at your dealership for doing a pre-sales check and finding it before you took ownership of it.

Old 10-18-2014, 11:19 AM
Dave's 1stHog
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree with Jim, The dealership actually displayed excellent quality and control by NOT allowing a defective product to reach the consumer. There is no telling what the environmental pressures/conditions existed during shipping that caused the defect but thankfully it was caught before delivery. I am sure they will fix it and you will be enjoying your Fatboy in no time.

Old 10-18-2014, 04:19 PM
FroggyFatBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

troll....

Old 10-18-2014, 06:29 PM
olongapo1
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Guy's I hate to break the news but Harley has an assembly plant in India. I believe the plant became operational in 2011. Harley assured the US market that bikes assembled in India would not be exported out of that country.

Old 10-19-2014, 08:43 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by olongapo1
Guy's I hate to break the news but Harley has an assembly plant in India. I believe the plant became operational in 2011. Harley assured the US market that bikes assembled in India would not be exported out of that country.
i thought the assembly plant in India only did some of the Sportsters and Dynas, as well as the Street 500/750's, just learned that they now assemble Softails there, too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harley-Davidson_India

Old 10-21-2014, 12:27 AM
nadeemalm
Stage II

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
actually if you ever come to the States, and go to the York Pennsylvania plant where every softail is made you'll see they're very strict on quality control. That bike just got shipped around the world.. who knows what may have happened to it, where something got knocked around or the ship it was on ran in to a storm.

But good on the guys at your dealership for doing a pre-sales check and finding it before you took ownership of it.
I had also faxed a letter to Harley Customer Service Dept since they do not have an email add... Is it routine for them not to respond.

Old 10-21-2014, 11:07 AM
wildman926
Cruiser

Originally Posted by nadeemalm
I had also faxed a letter to Harley Customer Service Dept since they do not have an email add... Is it routine for them not to respond.

Dude, the dealer did you a favor by inspecting the bike before delivery. What more do you want? There are factory defects in every aspect of manufacturing. The good companies don't allow the customer to see them.

Old 10-21-2014, 11:15 AM
Greatscott
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by nadeemalm
I was about to take delivery of my first Harley - fatboy from the dealership in India , but one night before the guys at the dealership discovered a leakage from top of the tank.
Sad to see such poor quality ajd quality control at Harley.
You should get a vespa.

Old 10-21-2014, 07:45 PM
RnR
Advanced

Originally Posted by FroggyFatBoy
troll....
yep, that's what I thought

Quick Reply: Fat Boy