Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question for Carlini Apes owners

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 08:27 AM
Lonny Morgan
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for Carlini Apes owners

So I want to begin my next mod. I am loving the look of the 1.5's but the width sounds pretty wide. I see that the 1.25's isn't as wide but you loose that beefy look a little. Does the width of the 1.5's feel as wide as it sounds? Just trying to get as much input as I can so I make a good 1st decision.

Old 10-21-2014, 08:38 AM
Lonny Morgan
Advanced

Also I am 5'8 and my scoot is a heritage classic of that helps

Old 10-21-2014, 10:02 AM
Malingerer
Road Warrior

I am 5 ' 10" with shorter arms. I chose the 1.25 Carlini Gangster Apes for that reason. They are 36.5 " from end to end.

The 1.50" are like 41" end to end. I sat on a bike with them and like I thought way too wide for me.

Do they look a little better, yes. But its not a world of difference as far as looks go. You gotta draw the line some where between looks and comfort.

Attached Thumbnails Question for Carlini Apes owners-img_1245.jpg  
Old 10-21-2014, 10:18 AM
Lonny Morgan
Advanced

Originally Posted by Malingerer
I am 5 ' 10" with shorter arms. I chose the 1.25 Carlini Gangster Apes for that reason. They are 36.5 " from end to end.

The 1.50" are like 41" end to end. I sat on a bike with them and like I thought way too wide for me.

Do they look a little better, yes. But its not a world of difference as far as looks go. You gotta draw the line some where between looks and comfort.
man that's what I figured... I was playing with my measuring tape sitting on my bike and figured that was a wide feel... I think I am gonna go with 1.25 16's .... if my math is correct that would put me just a hair above shoulder height... bonus... save money on the risers as well...

Your bike is dope homie... is that a caddy in the bg?

Old 10-21-2014, 10:35 AM
Malingerer
Road Warrior

Thanks, yes 1969 Coupe Deville. That will be going on air bags soon. Losing the 100 spoke wires and black walls. Going with stock 15" steelies with bullet center caps and lug nuts along with wide whites.

Old 10-21-2014, 10:40 AM
Lonny Morgan
Advanced

well then looks like you have it all covered... I used to have a 64 SS but I would go with a 65 these days... like the bigger body with some curves...

Last edited by Lonny Morgan; 10-21-2014 at 10:54 AM.
Old 10-21-2014, 10:56 AM
06 flstfise
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In my quest for the right bars I had a set of apes that were roughly that wide and while not uncomfortable when I had windshield or fairing off the "sail" effect was horrible. Currently have 14 inch gangsters that I love, 5'11". I run a le pera seat most of the time that drops me so just under my shoulders. I run a mustang vintage wide when on road trip and it raises me up and lowers arms but still comfy cause I can lean back into back rest. I suggest taking a broomstick and hold it at where each would put your arms.

Old 10-21-2014, 11:41 AM
Lonny Morgan
Advanced

Originally Posted by 06 flstfise
In my quest for the right bars I had a set of apes that were roughly that wide and while not uncomfortable when I had windshield or fairing off the "sail" effect was horrible. Currently have 14 inch gangsters that I love, 5'11". I run a le pera seat most of the time that drops me so just under my shoulders. I run a mustang vintage wide when on road trip and it raises me up and lowers arms but still comfy cause I can lean back into back rest. I suggest taking a broomstick and hold it at where each would put your arms.
Are they 1.25 or 1.5 ?

Old 10-21-2014, 11:42 AM
Lonny Morgan
Advanced

Originally Posted by Malingerer

Meant to ask height on your bars

Old 10-21-2014, 01:20 PM
06 flstfise
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lonny Morgan
Are they 1.25 or 1.5 ?
1.25 14inch gangsters

Quick Reply: Question for Carlini Apes owners