Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who is taking the black OFF their bike?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2014, 10:07 AM
*Flea*
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hattitude
OP... set your bike up the way you want and how it looks good to you...

You'll never get everyone to validate your choices.... some will like it, some will hate it, and some will try to force their opinions on you...

I've seen HDs that I loved....

I've seen HDs that just weren't my style...

I've seen HDs I wouldn't let in my garage.....

I've seen several that made me think WTF?!

Common thread in all of them is that the owners set up their bikes the way they like.... and I have no problem with that....

Chrome, black, pink or purple.... do what you want and enjoy the ride!

Hell, this isn't about how I should setup my bike. I was wanting to just see pictures of other people's stuff.

I already have a picture in my mind and a theme I'm working toward for my bike. Before I even purchase a new bike, I visualize the final product of my customizing. It makes it more fun watching things come together to accomplish the end goal.

Like you, I have an appreciation for all types of customizing. I've done something different for each bike I've owned. The same style of customizing doesn't work for every bike, in my opinion. I enjoy seeing other people's creativity, which is one reason I started this thread. If I wanted to blacked out bikes, I know which thread to open to find those. This was just supposed to be a lighthearted, fun twist on the "No chrome ******" thread.

Last edited by *Flea*; 10-26-2014 at 10:13 AM.
Old 10-26-2014, 10:10 AM
*Flea*
Cruiser

Originally Posted by splattttttt
well stated *Flea*; sometimes ppl wake up on the wrong side of their bed and this is why LOL
lol Thanks. Some people feel a need to get defensive about their choice of customizing, and there's really no reason to.

I was talking to my dad about where I was heading with my customizing, and it's not his style at all. All he tells me is it's not what he'd do with with his bike. He's quite conservative with his customization. I can accept that it's not his taste, or many other people's. But when it comes to customizing, you don't do it for others, you do it for yourself. Some people will "get it" and others won't. In the end, there's no reason to bash anyone for their choice or get defensive about your own. It's all good.

Old 10-26-2014, 10:32 AM
D_gyver
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by *Flea*
lol Thanks. Some people feel a need to get defensive about their choice of customizing, and there's really no reason to.

I was talking to my dad about where I was heading with my customizing, and it's not his style at all. All he tells me is it's not what he'd do with with his bike. He's quite conservative with his customization. I can accept that it's not his taste, or many other people's. But when it comes to customizing, you don't do it for others, you do it for yourself. Some people will "get it" and others won't. In the end, there's no reason to bash anyone for their choice or get defensive about your own. It's all good.

you forgot to mention the biggest bashers of one off customs. are almost always the ones who cant or don't have the ability to do it.

was that a bash on a basher I win.

Old 10-26-2014, 10:38 AM
*Flea*
Cruiser

Originally Posted by D_gyver

you forgot to mention the biggest bashers of one off customs. are almost always the ones who cant or don't have the ability to do it.

was that a bash on a basher I win.
I'm one of those who doesn't have the ability to do it. And for that reason, I can't bash those who can do it and actually DO do it. Like any other art form, it lets a person express them self even more. You did a very nice job with yours!

Old 10-26-2014, 11:22 AM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,489 Likes on 4,060 Posts

Hell, this isn't about how I should setup my bike. I was wanting to just see pictures of other people's stuff.

I enjoy seeing other people's creativity, which is one reason I started this thread. This was just supposed to be a lighthearted, fun twist on the "No chrome ******" thread.
Very cool... it's always fun to see other people's mods....

Old 10-26-2014, 01:55 PM
Hawaii-Five-Jo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

there's no reason to bash anyone for their choice or get defensive about your own.
Welcome to HDForums hahahahahahaa!
But what do I know...I ride a rocker with a 26 inch wheel
I totally knew what you were getting to with this thread. But I knew how it would end up. It's too hilarious if you ask me.
As for me, a longggg.... time ago I started to try and black things out but for my idea of what I wanted at the time. It didn't work. First glance at my bike most think it's a chrome *****. But most of my chrome was changed to polish. It's a bitch to take care of but living by the beach is no fun with chrome. I got my pipes silver ceramic coated. And if I can find someone that can match my red with powder im gonna color match a bunch of the chrome.
BUT!!! If I can get my money tree growing again

Ultimately I just love Harleys. I see blacked out bikes I like and some I don't. I see chromed bikes I like and some i don't. You gotta have contrast and balance.

Old 10-27-2014, 08:21 PM
D_gyver
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I see there's 75 posts and 2400 views I think the murderers are afraid to comment.

Old 11-01-2014, 09:54 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 816 Likes on 802 Posts

Not me.. it'd slow her down....LOL

Old 11-03-2014, 12:01 PM
barchetta
Tourer

I have to chime in.. it is a preference and I dont fault anyone.. but my opinion is that Harleys look best chromed out.. that is what they are known for..

the only scoot that I ever got a woody for all blacked out was a 2012 Road Glide I saw two weeks ago.. in fact the sysop of this forum just bought one..

I think blacked out Harleys look cheap (cept the aforementioned RG). Even though they are not.

will it be a fad? Doubt it.. the younger crowd likes their stuff blacked out.. and they dictate the future.

Also you guys with the blacked out bikes dont get to spend as much quality time cleaning and polishing.. your bikes must feel neglected