Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jack's Night Train winter build in the Dirty Bear Garage

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2014, 01:53 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Yea. The cables don't look right on there. I'd get a new set.

Old 11-02-2014, 06:34 PM
gatorfrey
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those bars are flanders mini apes 10 inches, with 3 in risers. When I called Barnett to order them, they would not give any length recommendation. I took a WAG at 7 inch over stock (they would accept the order that way) in the platinum cable.
A 150.00 guess....
NEW PLAN.
Call Barnett back, order 4 inch over stock, in the black stealth cable. Thought I might like some contrast with the platinums, should have listened to the bear. Will go black now. If they work, I will order the other cables the same over-length.
While we wait, something is coming for the back end...

Old 11-09-2014, 05:42 PM
gatorfrey
Cruiser

I got up this morning and could not find Jack.
After looking around the house, I went out to the bike and found him.
Looks like a hard night partying, and he was pretty hung over. He did say we should get with it on the bike, so OK, we will do some more today.

Attached Thumbnails Jack's Night Train winter build in the Dirty Bear Garage-pb090003.jpg  
Old 11-09-2014, 05:48 PM
gatorfrey
Cruiser

I had some Alloy Art rear turn signals powder coated to match the new Ginz bar bracket, and some socket screws for different parts.
Will show the Highway pegs, relocated passenger pegs, the rear turn signals, and the bar, of course.

Attached Thumbnails Jack's Night Train winter build in the Dirty Bear Garage-pb090001.jpg   Jack's Night Train winter build in the Dirty Bear Garage-pb090004.jpg   Jack's Night Train winter build in the Dirty Bear Garage-pb090005.jpg   Jack's Night Train winter build in the Dirty Bear Garage-pb090007.jpg   Jack's Night Train winter build in the Dirty Bear Garage-pb090008.jpg  

Old 11-09-2014, 05:54 PM
gatorfrey
Cruiser

I tried for a week, and 2 cans of wrinkle black, to get the struts on the fenders even. In the end, I left them with the powder coater when he did the other attaching parts, so everything matches.

Attached Thumbnails Jack's Night Train winter build in the Dirty Bear Garage-pb090010.jpg   Jack's Night Train winter build in the Dirty Bear Garage-pb090011.jpg   Jack's Night Train winter build in the Dirty Bear Garage-pb090012.jpg   Jack's Night Train winter build in the Dirty Bear Garage-pb090014.jpg   Jack's Night Train winter build in the Dirty Bear Garage-pb090018.jpg  

Old 11-09-2014, 05:58 PM
gatorfrey
Cruiser

There is a bracket the rear seat bolts to the bar. It was close, but did not fit. Will contact Ginz this week to get that taken care of.
Jack is apparently feeling better. Here he start with a joke.
"Three bikers go into a bar, and there is a parrot with a nose ring".
Enough for this week Jack...

Attached Thumbnails Jack's Night Train winter build in the Dirty Bear Garage-pb090023.jpg   Jack's Night Train winter build in the Dirty Bear Garage-pb090025.jpg  
Old 11-09-2014, 06:06 PM
amkaos
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

I am so jealous of the internal cables..love the blackout..
Internals now on my wish list..

Old 11-09-2014, 11:04 PM
gatorfrey
Cruiser

The wires are internal in the handlebars. The cables are hanging by the front wheel for now. Earlier in the thread, I had put on just the throttle cables, since I am guessing at length. I went 7 over, I now think more like 4. I will try another throttle cable soon. If I have the over length for the bars correct, I will order the remaining lines and cables.

Old 11-15-2014, 11:37 AM
gatorfrey
Cruiser

This Saturday's work is easy.
I ordered up a Badlands module for the flash rate of the LED's I put on front and back. It also makes the rear turn signals a running light, stop light, and turn signal. All without having more than the one wire per side thing changed. It is advertised plug and play, and pretty much is.
First, I after Jack finished looking the job over, I unplugged the rear fender harness. I discovered the plug has a removable tab to secure it to the bike frame. I was pleased to see the badlands plug also fit the tab, so, I switched it over to the new plug, and mounted it.
Then, I sat back and looked at my options. I decided on zip tying the module between the two frame harnesses ahead of where the battery goes. It just clears touch anything like that. I then put wiring loom around exposed wire bundles to clean everything up.
It all looks like it will work. But I cannot test it until I get my tank console back. It is gone to Powder Pro for some changes.

In all, today's work to longer to write out, than actually do. An easy day is a good day!!

Attached Thumbnails Jack's Night Train winter build in the Dirty Bear Garage-pb150002.jpg   Jack's Night Train winter build in the Dirty Bear Garage-pb150006.jpg   Jack's Night Train winter build in the Dirty Bear Garage-pb150007.jpg   Jack's Night Train winter build in the Dirty Bear Garage-pb150008.jpg   Jack's Night Train winter build in the Dirty Bear Garage-pb150009.jpg  

Old 11-15-2014, 03:38 PM
dansax
Elite HDF Member
Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts

Jack is gay.

Quick Reply: Jack's Night Train winter build in the Dirty Bear Garage