Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softail Riders V Touring Riders, what a difference!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2014, 03:21 PM
Warp Factor
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 87 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Rodzilla6
I think this kind of sums it up...and I don't think it's an age thing, but more an attitude thing.
I have my rocker set up just the way I like it as far as comfort. It's the same way I hike...minimalist...take just what you need to get and forget all that nice to have stuff.
Besides being comfortable, I have a very nice and efficient leatherworks side bag which expands up for more travel gear. Long distance, 2-4 k miles, etc., I add a nice leather bag on top of my headlight handlebars and if needed a tool bag on the forks...

That's it, keeping it simple makes it more fun and relaxing...my entertainment console is spread out before me on the road, scenery and beauty out in the country side...

Not an age thing thing for me ever...LOL, my wonderful wife who would never ride too scared, continues to ask me after forty years, when I'm going to grow up...Not ever!...LOL.
Ride safe.
Yup. I always got bored riding a touring bike. It just didn't have the "fun factor". No wonder those guys need an infotainment system to make up for what they're missing.
Why even bother with a bike? Might as well just drive their car with the windows down.

Old 01-13-2021, 06:22 PM
Iron lHorse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,350 Likes on 1,154 Posts

[QUOTE=2Dacs;13365917]Yep we guys can get pretty cantankerous in our older years, and old bones and out of shape bodies just don't quite move and bend like they use to. And then the price of something that just wont fit ya. Yea i can understand that. But its the lucky ones like us that get it right the first time😜[/QUOTE
So what did you do to get it right the first time . Buy one of theses.

Old 01-13-2021, 07:05 PM
04FXDI
Stellar HDF Member
Received 802 Likes on 538 Posts

This is 6 years old, WTF are you talking about?

[QUOTE=Iron lHorse;19663755]
Originally Posted by 2Dacs
Yep we guys can get pretty cantankerous in our older years, and old bones and out of shape bodies just don't quite move and bend like they use to. And then the price of something that just wont fit ya. Yea i can understand that. But its the lucky ones like us that get it right the first time😜[/QUOTE
So what did you do to get it right the first time . Buy one of theses.

Old 01-27-2021, 01:55 PM
byersmtrco
Supporter
Received 492 Likes on 343 Posts

Originally Posted by Warp Factor
Yup. I always got bored riding a touring bike. It just didn't have the "fun factor". No wonder those guys need an infotainment system to make up for what they're missing.
Why even bother with a bike? Might as well just drive their car with the windows down.
I tried that with my 98 Silverado. Too much buffeting. I'm going to add those air
deflectors and see if it helps. I'll post results