Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softail Riders V Touring Riders, what a difference!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 05:52 AM
Gunnysgt
Grand HDF Member
Received 503 Likes on 247 Posts
Default Softail Riders V Touring Riders, what a difference!

I'm fortunate to have a Softail and a Rushmore Touring bike. I check out both sites frequently. I gotta say there seems to be a huge difference in the two. when I'm on the Softail site, guys are often discussing customizing, mods, and riding and very little whining. Not so on the Rushmore site. Seems many of the riders there nitpik small stuff to death and many of the threads are complaints or whining. Cranky old men? Seems many of the touring guys are more into techno junk and less into the simple joy of riding. I've seem complaints about the brake pedal being off a couple degrees, the shape of the saddlebag latch and they can't make their phone calls while texting, streaming video etc etc. I love the Softail site.

Old 10-28-2014, 06:57 AM
cocky
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 152 Likes on 124 Posts

U probably hit the nail on the head with the thought of the average age difference the two types. However, I am grateful for all I have.

Old 10-28-2014, 08:02 AM
EagleRay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 100 Likes on 96 Posts

Them touring guys probably get so distracted by all those technical features, gadgets and gimmicks of their bikes they simply forget about the mere joy of riding .

Now go ahead and me...

Old 10-28-2014, 08:16 AM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 56 Posts

I also frequent both sections of the forum, and I have to agree. This section is much more upbeat.

Old 10-28-2014, 08:17 AM
Redmen Rides
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Guess I never noticed that. I like em both. I will pay attention to that now and see if I notice the same thing.

Old 10-28-2014, 03:40 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,940 Likes on 2,295 Posts

Since we make parts for Softails, Baggers, Tri-Glides, Dynas and Sportsters, we're in all 5 forums on a regular basis.

As a rule (there are plenty of exceptions) there are very distinct personality differences between all 5 groups.

The Softail Forum is by far the most relaxed, which doesn't surprise me. I also ride all 5 different bikes, and I feel the most kicked back and relaxed on my Softail.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 10-28-2014, 05:17 PM
Tailsfrommycrib
Elite HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by DK Custom
Since we make parts for Softails, Baggers, Tri-Glides, Dynas and Sportsters, we're in all 5 forums on a regular basis.

As a rule (there are plenty of exceptions) there are very distinct personality differences between all 5 groups.

The Softail Forum is by far the most relaxed, which doesn't surprise me. I also ride all 5 different bikes, and I feel the most kicked back and relaxed on my Softail.
This!

Probably why there's so many haters.

Old 10-28-2014, 07:14 PM
98hotrodfatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,810 Likes on 3,315 Posts
Default Is it age or love.....

I'm sooon to hit the double nickels and I still ride like it was the first time. It's not so much what you ride as long as you can and by the way I ride an EVO Soft Tail.........and proud of her......

Originally Posted by Gunnysgt
I'm fortunate to have a Softail and a Rushmore Touring bike. I check out both sites frequently. I gotta say there seems to be a huge difference in the two. when I'm on the Softail site, guys are often discussing customizing, mods, and riding and very little whining. Not so on the Rushmore site. Seems many of the riders there nitpik small stuff to death and many of the threads are complaints or whining. Cranky old men? Seems many of the touring guys are more into techno junk and less into the simple joy of riding. I've seem complaints about the brake pedal being off a couple degrees, the shape of the saddlebag latch and they can't make their phone calls while texting, streaming video etc etc. I love the Softail site.

Old 10-28-2014, 07:57 PM
Sleeko
Stellar HDF Member
Received 76 Likes on 51 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Redmen Rides
Guess I never noticed that. I like em both. I will pay attention to that now and see if I notice the same thing.
Here's a good example. They must be bored complaining over there as they now come over here to bitch about our rides. Clearly they're compensating for something else. Displaced envy much?

Originally Posted by 103 sedona orange
Touring & Softail, should never be used in the same sentence. Nothing will fix all the vibration. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by Sleeko; 10-28-2014 at 08:01 PM.
Old 10-28-2014, 08:53 PM
2Dacs
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep we guys can get pretty cantankerous in our older years, and old bones and out of shape bodies just don't quite move and bend like they use to. And then the price of something that just wont fit ya. Yea i can understand that. But its the lucky ones like us that get it right the first time😜

Quick Reply: Softail Riders V Touring Riders, what a difference!