Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone with Exile Parts on their bike?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2014, 05:18 PM
greenbax
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jreichart
I will second all of the above. Russell answers the phones and is super helpful. Ended up talking to him for about a half hour about the mods I was doing, and he had some great suggestions and pointed out some things I hadn't thought of. I'm running their internal throttle, GripAce, grips, and using their foot clutch cable for my custom foot clutch setup. All high quality parts, haven't had any issues with anything. I'm confident that if something wasn't working properly they would stand behind the part 100%.

The guys at GripAce (this is not made by Exile, just sold through them) are great also. I got my setup used on eBay, but it was programmed for a different make bike. Called them up, and they had me send it in for reprogramming. Cost me shipping and $50 (I had 3 to reprogram) and they had it back to me super quick. Only issue I had was with the high beam indicator. It was constantly on, and GripAce knew of the issue but hadn't resolved the programming to correct it. This was 2 or 3 years ago, so it's likely been sorted by now. I just disconnected the indicator.
love the bike, can i see more pics? especially of your jockey shift setup

Old 11-01-2014, 08:33 AM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Best I can find right now of mine. Convert to hydraulic clutch.

Attached Thumbnails Anyone with Exile Parts on their bike?-r1-01635-013a.jpg  
Old 11-01-2014, 10:18 AM
jreichart
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by greenbax
love the bike, can i see more pics? especially of your jockey shift setup
Sure!

Here's some pics of the jockey setup. Had to make a 1" control extension to fit the line between the controls and primary. Used 3/8" aluminum plate for that. Had to make my own setup, all the aftermarket ones (except Exile) route the cable around the front of the bike. I wanted to run it underneath. Used the exile cable. Only slight issue I've had is that the cable is slightly lower on the control side versus the tranny side. When parked, I'll get a drip or two of tranny oil out of the cable end. Bonus is the cable stays full of tranny fluid so no need to lube it!

Here's the brake side control extension during mock up. Clutch side is similar, can't seem to find a pic. Cleaned up the edges and powdered it gloss black to match the frame.

And some of the foot clutch during mock up and after powder.

Ground off the stock side stand pocket and went with a aftermarket shorter stand that bolts up to the control bracket.

Here's the jockey arm. I think it's Labriola, got it on eBay for about $25. Didn't like where it set, so I ended up cutting it apart and rewelding it to move the arm a little further back and in closer to the bike.

And some of the bar setup and internal brake line.

Old 11-17-2014, 11:07 AM
Ashley32
Advanced

Any updates? I just ordered loads of stuff from exile

Old 11-17-2014, 11:59 AM
greenbax
Banned

[QUOTE=jreichart;13377359]Sure!

Here's some pics of the jockey setup. Had to make a 1" control extension to fit the line between the controls and primary. Used 3/8" aluminum plate for that. Had to make my own setup, all the aftermarket ones (except Exile) route the cable around the front of the bike. I wanted to run it underneath. Used the exile cable. Only slight issue I've had is that the cable is slightly lower on the control side versus the tranny side. When parked, I'll get a drip or two of tranny oil out of the cable end. Bonus is the cable stays full of tranny fluid so no need to lube it!

Dude, thanks SO much for all the great detailed pics. Im just a novice mechanic (barely that) but I am starting to do more and more DYI stuff on my bike. Eventually I hope you get to your level

I think next year my project will be either to add the "clean bars" setup from exile or switch to jockey shift (both, if I win the lottery lol). I look at it, and I just have this feeling Im gonna love it

Old 11-17-2014, 12:01 PM
greenbax
Banned

Originally Posted by tbonetony06
Best I can find right now of mine. Convert to hydraulic clutch.
Nice Ashley! Im still learning about motorcycle's mechanically, but can you tell me what that does exactly? Its like converting your bike to an automatic transmission right? No need for a clutch lever?

Old 11-19-2014, 06:46 AM
ADRENALINE RUSH
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Here's some pics of the jockey setup. Had to make a 1" control extension to fit the line between the controls and primary. Used 3/8" aluminum plate for that. Had to make my own setup, all the aftermarket ones (except Exile) route the cable around the front of the bike. I wanted to run it underneath. Used the exile cable. Only slight issue I've had is that the cable is slightly lower on the control side versus the tranny side. When parked, I'll get a drip or two of tranny oil out of the cable end. Bonus is the cable stays full of tranny fluid so no need to lube it
great write up & pics! i'm not currently looking to go that route, but its pretty cool and interesting to read.

Old 11-19-2014, 06:48 AM
ADRENALINE RUSH
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

also all you guys above... your bikes look awesome with everything internal!!!

Last edited by ADRENALINE RUSH; 11-19-2014 at 07:10 AM.
Old 11-19-2014, 06:56 AM
Village Idiot™
Stellar HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

Sure!

Here's the brake side control extension during mock up. Clutch side is similar, can't seem to find a pic. Cleaned up the edges and powdered it gloss black to match the frame.

And some of the foot clutch during mock up and after powder.

Ground off the stock side stand pocket and went with a aftermarket shorter stand that bolts up to the control bracket.

Here's the jockey arm. I think it's Labriola, got it on eBay for about $25. Didn't like where it set, so I ended up cutting it apart and rewelding it to move the arm a little further back and in closer to the bike.

And some of the bar setup and internal brake line.

You need some better photos. Want to do a shoot one day?

I'm just down the road in the Dirtyburg of the Eastern Panhandle of WV. I did my sig pic and I'm a bit of an automotive photographer.

Last edited by Village Idiot™; 11-19-2014 at 07:00 AM.
Old 11-21-2014, 04:37 AM
jreichart
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Lol, yeah, I'm not much of a photog. If it wasn't for the camera in my phone, I'd probably have no pics at all!

But sure, I'd love someone with a good eye and camera to take some pro shots of the sled. Might have to wait until the temps come back up some though, I'm just about to start my hibernation...

Maybe come spring we can pick a spot and get together for a ride and some pics....

Quick Reply: Anyone with Exile Parts on their bike?