Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone with Exile Parts on their bike?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2014, 04:58 AM
Village Idiot™
Stellar HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by jreichart
Lol, yeah, I'm not much of a photog. If it wasn't for the camera in my phone, I'd probably have no pics at all!

But sure, I'd love someone with a good eye and camera to take some pro shots of the sled. Might have to wait until the temps come back up some though, I'm just about to start my hibernation...

Maybe come spring we can pick a spot and get together for a ride and some pics....

Yeah, it's been pretty cold lately. I made it out the last weekend it got in to the 60's in the past two weeks to test out a new pair of boots, but other than that, the Deuce has been sitting in the garage. There's a lot of cool places in downtown Frederick. It would be really awesome if you could get your bike on to the Carroll Creek Promenade.

Old 11-21-2014, 11:10 AM
Skeezmachine
Stellar HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

I've been looking at Exiles internal clutch and throttle and was just about set to go that route but after more research on the forums I think I may have other things to consider. Maybe you guys can help me a bit. I plan to call Exile myself but thought some up front insight might be useful.

For either throttle or clutch system, will 90 angles on the handlebars be an issue? I was going to run a set of 14 inch Wild One Springer Outlawz. They are curved up at the top but down at the bottom they are angled.

Is it necessary to cut some of the handlebar off to install either system?

Is it possible at all to still run stock Harley switches and brake system while using the Exile internal set up?

I'm figuring I will go either one of two ways...

Both Exile internal throttle and clutch.

Or Exile internal throttle and a jockey shift.

Old 11-21-2014, 03:05 PM
greenbax
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Skeezmachine
I've been looking at Exiles internal clutch and throttle and was just about set to go that route but after more research on the forums I think I may have other things to consider. Maybe you guys can help me a bit. I plan to call Exile myself but thought some up front insight might be useful.

For either throttle or clutch system, will 90 angles on the handlebars be an issue? I was going to run a set of 14 inch Wild One Springer Outlawz. They are curved up at the top but down at the bottom they are angled.

Is it possible at all to still run stock Harley switches and brake system while using the Exile internal set up?

Im looking to do the same, but i have hollywood bars. Good questions though, def reach out to them I heard they are very cool and helpful

Old 11-21-2014, 05:22 PM
jreichart
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Skeezmachine

i know it's not a prob for the throttle, my bars have 2 sharp bends and there is no issue. I would assume the clutch would be similar.

yes, you'll need to cut off the section of bar that the grip is currently on. I would recommend welding the throttle and clutch in as well. There is the option to set screw them in place, but have heard of people having issues with that method.

not sure, I went with the GripAce and jockey shift

Russell is super helpful, he'll probably answer the phone.

Last edited by jreichart; 11-21-2014 at 05:25 PM.
Old 11-21-2014, 05:48 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

****. You guys better be quick on them phone calls, keep that line clear. I'm gonna be hitting him up about his mid controls set up for softails lolol

Old 11-21-2014, 11:39 PM
Ink83
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Alain
****. You guys better be quick on them phone calls, keep that line clear. I'm gonna be hitting him up about his mid controls set up for softails lolol
You'll be flat out getting ahold of him with all the emails of mine he replies to lately for all the gear im ordering through him lol

Old 11-21-2014, 11:43 PM
Ink83
Road Warrior

Greenbax the exile open primary is another awesome piece

Old 11-22-2014, 05:09 AM
Ashley32
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll start getting some pics up when my parts start turning up, I've got wheels, bars, controls, swingarm, trees, primary and fenders coming I'm sure I've missed some stuff but gonna turn my standard into a fat bloke

Old 11-22-2014, 03:48 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

This thread is gonna be a good one

Old 11-23-2014, 02:19 AM
Ink83
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Ashley32
I'll start getting some pics up when my parts start turning up, I've got wheels, bars, controls, swingarm, trees, primary and fenders coming I'm sure I've missed some stuff but gonna turn my standard into a fat bloke
Same here! But I didn't go everything from exile, only a handful of parts. Basically the frame, shotgun shock, open primary, engine, transmission and oil tank are staying, everything else is being replaced. Though it's coming apart so the frame can be painted

Quick Reply: Anyone with Exile Parts on their bike?