Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone with Exile Parts on their bike?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2014, 01:18 PM
Ashley32
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ink83
Same here! But I didn't go everything from exile, only a handful of parts. Basically the frame, shotgun shock, open primary, engine, transmission and oil tank are staying, everything else is being replaced. Though it's coming apart so the frame can be painted
I've got the gripace and exile highbars, internal throttle and jaybrake controls on my heritage, The quality of these parts are Amazing so had no problems in pulling the trigger on all the parts from exile.

My heritage has the shotgun shock but I've got progressive 422 for my exile build (wont have to hide any switches)

What wheel and tire sizes are you doing?

Old 11-23-2014, 01:35 PM
Ink83
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Ashley32
I've got the gripace and exile highbars, internal throttle and jaybrake controls on my heritage, The quality of these parts are Amazing so had no problems in pulling the trigger on all the parts from exile. My heritage has the shotgun shock but I've got progressive 422 for my exile build (wont have to hide any switches) What wheel and tire sizes are you doing?
Solid 15x7 with the 230 on the rear. The front I'm possibly going back to 21x2.15, it suits the look I'm going for, that and I don't think the 120 tyre will fit between the wishbone on the Led Sled springer that's coming that was made up for my train. I'd like an Invader wheel for the front, but I got a couple wheels laying around the shed I'll try on first

Russell said he no longer sells the solid 15x7 wheel, but is getting back to me with a price to make one up. I have another source if it ends up being too much

I already got the open primary, I'm just going a brake sprocket and chain, internal throttle, grip ace, Jaybrake brake lever, foot controls with foot clutch. Everything else I ended up getting either local or for a better price elsewhere

My idea is for a race style bobber

Definitely chuck some pics up man when you get it started!

Old 11-23-2014, 03:48 PM
greenbax
Banned

Greenbax the exile open primary is another awesome piece

Yea man I've seen in the catalog and love it. But I've never ridden a bike with an open primary. It's cool that he has guards on them but an open primary scares me a bit. Not only getting a shoelace caught but if rocks or small stones get in won't that cause a lot of damage?

Old 11-24-2014, 12:07 AM
Ink83
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by greenbax
Yea man I've seen in the catalog and love it. But I've never ridden a bike with an open primary. It's cool that he has guards on them but an open primary scares me a bit. Not only getting a shoelace caught but if rocks or small stones get in won't that cause a lot of damage?
No different to the chancres of getting a rock in your drive belt. Odds are you have more chance of having a crash then worrying about little things like rocks in belts, unless you ride your bike through the scrub. You mention this sort of thing on here and everyone knows some one that's had a rock in their belt, but you ring Russell or any one selling belt drives and ask how many people buy replacement belts after having a tear from rocks, it'll be a rare thing. If you were to worry about a rock in the belt you may as well spend the same amount of time worrying about blowing an engine, a transmission leak, punctured tyre etc. it's no different then anything else going wrong, they aren't common things otherwise Harley's wouldn't sell, same goes for open belts

Unless you wear super baggy clothes, you'd be hard pressed getting anything caught while riding with the guard used on these exile primary's. When at idol and I have my foot down, I don't feel I put it out any further then I normally would. These primary's are smaller then your big closed in cases. As for shoe laces, that's really as simple as tucking them in, or getting the right size shoe laces in the first place. Not once have my jeans or laces come even close to even having a chance to get caught

But the downside is they aren't cheap, and truthfully for 99% of us, they really serve no benefits other then having something different

Old 11-24-2014, 01:09 AM
greenbax
Banned

No different to the chancres of getting a rock in your drive belt. Odds are you have more chance of having a crash then worrying about little things like rocks in belts, unless you ride your bike through the scrub. You mention this sort of thing on here and everyone knows some one that's had a rock in their belt, but you ring Russell or any one selling belt drives and ask how many people buy replacement belts after having a tear from rocks, it'll be a rare thing. If you were to worry about a rock in the belt you may as well spend the same amount of time worrying about blowing an engine, a transmission leak, punctured tyre etc. it's no different then anything else going wrong, they aren't common things otherwise Harley's wouldn't sell, same goes for open belts

Unless you wear super baggy clothes, you'd be hard pressed getting anything caught while riding with the guard used on these exile primary's. When at idol and I have my foot down, I don't feel I put it out any further then I normally would. These primary's are smaller then your big closed in cases. As for shoe laces, that's really as simple as tucking them in, or getting the right size shoe laces in the first place. Not once have my jeans or laces come even close to even having a chance to get caught

But the downside is they aren't cheap, and truthfully for 99% of us, they really serve no benefits other then having something different
Great explanation thanks man. I think their clean bars is my first priority, yknow the twist clutch, etc. the open primary will have to wait unless I win the lottery lol

Old 11-24-2014, 02:25 AM
Ink83
Road Warrior

I think you're on the right track man, the clean bars would be better bang for buck that's for sure

Old 11-24-2014, 05:04 AM
Village Idiot™
Stellar HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

HD Forums Softail forum sponsored by: Shotgun Shock and Exile Customs.

Old 11-28-2014, 02:27 AM
Ashley32
Advanced

Nothing wrong with hard working men buying good parts for their bikes!

Old 12-05-2014, 12:20 PM
Ashley32
Advanced

Love the jockey set up on exiles! I've started getting parts turn up!!

Attached Thumbnails Anyone with Exile Parts on their bike?-image.jpg  
Old 12-05-2014, 12:36 PM
greenbax
Banned

Originally Posted by Ashley32
Love the jockey set up on exiles! I've started getting parts turn up!!
Me too! That's on my to do list for 2015

Quick Reply: Anyone with Exile Parts on their bike?