Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiring heritage headlamp without passing lights switch

Old 11-03-2014, 03:19 PM
katanaplanet
Banned
Received 92 Likes on 67 Posts
Default Wiring heritage headlamp without passing lights switch

I am working on a 2008 heritage where I put a new front end. I want to wire the passing lamps without using the on/off switch since I am using different tripple trees. I have looked at the wiring diagram in detail but am little confused. There are six wires coming out of passing lamp/signal(blue, black, and violet from each) and they go to the connector under the tank. The prob is with the stupid grey/black which comes out of each passing lamp, joins together and goes to the switch. Plus there is a yellow wire coming out of the switch which supposedly should join the yellow wire from headlight which I dont know how since three wires coming out of the headlight go into the connector under the tank. I am also not using front fender tip light which is orange and black coming out of headlight harness.
Can someone shed a light as to where to connect the two grey/blacks coming from passing lamps and also what to do with yellow wire hanging from the switch(which i don't plan to use).

Old 11-03-2014, 07:52 PM
katanaplanet
Banned
Received 92 Likes on 67 Posts

anyone?

Old 11-04-2014, 07:41 AM
24v
Elite HDF Member
Received 699 Likes on 381 Posts

Ok, I'm not 100% sure if I am answering this correctly, but let me try.
If you take the yellow wire on the switch and connect it straight to the grey/blacks that should have the lights turn on without the switch.
The orange and black wires from the fender tip light can be disconnected and terminated. Beware that the orange wire will be hot, so try to remove it from the harness completely if possible, and be sure to cover any unprotected wire or connectors.

The black, purple and blue wires are for the turn signals. One set of each per side.