Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2-1 Performance Pipe

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2014, 10:38 AM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,570 Likes on 2,888 Posts

Another happy fatcat owner. Went from a 107" to a 124" and did just fine on the dyno. At idle its pretty blah but when you snap the throttle it sounds bad ***!

Old 11-24-2014, 12:56 PM
sLow5Rider
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I love my Fatcat, but like the other said, they hang pretty low. I usually ride slammed so I scrape on almost all right turns. Even when raised up the rear tip scrapes when I lean right.

Old 11-25-2014, 11:10 PM
Gommee
Devil's Advocate
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts

Just received my Bassani Road Rage in Black with chrome tip. It is part of my stage 1 winter mods. I hope they look as good as they did in Photoshop, sound better than YouTube and give that little bit of added power that a 2:1 does. The last thing I want is to scrape another muffler. I would rather grind down the floor boards. Give me reason to replace them too...

Old 11-27-2014, 02:34 AM
mswing1234
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yah...pipes...they are so personal, you could see them all and hear all the recomendations in the world and yet... you'd still have to make up your own mind; look, sound, performance.

Have to throw these out there-V&H 2-1 Big Radius. They just fit my Fatboy. Sound awesome and help make good power.

I really love the sound and power (not so much the looks) of the D&D Fatcats but I cannot see spending the money and dragging them on the ground with casual riding.

Old 11-27-2014, 05:39 AM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 430 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by *Flea*
I had the D&D's on a bagger, and loved them. Pretty damn loud, but they had an excellent sound. I went with RSD/V&H on my Slim, though, because I wanted a certain look. I can't compare the power between them, because the D&D was added to the bagger the same time I did motor work, and my Slim just has a Stage 1. Very happy with both exhaust systems.
Lookin at many of the pictures on the www of both the D&D Bobcat ( not fatcats ) and the RSD/V&H look very similar. Even the header lengths, both seem right on par with each other.
When looking for best performance from any exhaust system; it's important to look for tuned pipes ie; header pipes that contain an equal amount of volume.
The latter helps satisfie both the cylinders and electronics wit an equal amount of back pressure and feedback. Me?
I'm leaning heavily towards either of these two systems and their like.
Very few manufacturers are willing to devolge the buyer with such detail regarding exhaust volume principles due to the many buyers who base their purchase primerily on "looks" and NOT "performance".
Then there's that one last, but very critical annoyance known as "ground clearence".
I've seen a few rear tires come off the tarmac due to a low swingin exhaust.
Not a problem if it's a race and they're in front of you LOL
Usually results in a low side crash. Where most can walk away from lol

Old 11-27-2014, 08:16 AM
TheCarpenter
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by splattttttt
they look too low to me also. Probably not the one if you want to lower the rear end by a bit.
That's why D&D came out with this option the low cat. When I get some extra coin one of these bad dudes will be going on my scoot.

D&D low cat

Old 11-27-2014, 01:18 PM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 430 Likes on 379 Posts

Here's a real decent exploit on the D&D Boarzilla and a really short sound clip of the FatCat on a Slim;

Last edited by splattttttt; 11-27-2014 at 01:23 PM.
Old 11-27-2014, 01:26 PM
Jaburg1
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I still think the Rush 2:1 pipes are the best looking 2:1s on the market, and I also love the deep sound with the 2" baffle. Rinehardts are also a good looking set.

Old 11-27-2014, 02:17 PM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 56 Posts

Those borezilla pipes look great. I will have to look into how well they would work with Heritage bags.

Old 11-27-2014, 03:15 PM
schlacker
Stellar HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

I've had some 2 into 1 in my day, but I never really liked the look. I'm thinking one of my winter projects this year will be the Supertrapp 2 into 1 merge system for a more vintage look.

Quick Reply: 2-1 Performance Pipe