Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My path to acquire Samson 39" Cholo's

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2014, 12:29 PM
LowRider68
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jcsshane
You better hurry to find a place. Most places are already booked and those that aren't are well into the $400+ range a nite! The 75th only comes around.....uh...once

I heard some places aren't even taking reservations until Jan. Looks like I might be snuggling up to the Cholos.

Old 11-23-2014, 01:35 PM
dfwhockey17
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 283 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by LowRider68
I'm not sure how to explain this, but I'll do my best. Its not the actual weld (bead) that discolored the chrome. But the heat from the welding process that turns the metal bluish around the bead. That bluish kinda bleeds thru the chrome and looks yellowish.

I hope that helps.
I makes sense. Sorry yours turned out so horrible.

Old 11-23-2014, 04:54 PM
LowRider68
Tourer

Originally Posted by jcsshane
You better hurry to find a place. Most places are already booked and those that aren't are well into the $400+ range a nite! The 75th only comes around.....uh...once

Thanks for reminding me about rooms! As luck would have it, my friends had one slot open for the rooms they rented. I'll be staying in Keystone on Aug 1,2, and 3rd. Then they are heading back home. After the 3rd I'll be staying at a campground in Sturgis for a couple days.

Old 11-24-2014, 03:15 PM
Samson_tech
Former Sponsor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Lowrider,

Can you please send me pictures of the discoloration that you were talking about on your mufflers by the brackets? I can almost guarantee you that this is what is referred to as "chrome burning" I am not telling you this as an excuse but because we are providing Hexavalent chrome instead of trivalent this is something that happens sometimes due to the racking procedures used along with the chemicals used in the process.

If you haven't ran them I'd definitely exchange them for you.

You said it was in a spot that you wouldn't be able to see on the bike unless you got down on your knees and really looked to see it.

As far as the process we use for making the fishtails being backwards, Samson was the company that literally set the bar for fishtails many years ago and the process we utilize is not only time consuming but it is somewhat of an art form as each one is welded and shaped by hand one at a time. When you come out for the 75th I'd really appreciate it if you could stop by our facility so I can personally show you what I am talking about.

Also on another note, I replied to your other thread about the Samson Cholos ride to Devils Tower What a great idea! Let me know your thoughts on my offer for that ride.

Thank you,
Brian

Old 02-12-2015, 10:57 AM
LowRider68
Tourer

I have started a new thread about the new 39" Cholo set I got to replace the 42". The 39" have so many scratches on them its unbelievable!

Bye bye Samson!