Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just got my 2015 Breakout back from shop with some goodies,but they scratched my tank

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2014, 02:08 PM
sincitychoppa
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Just got my 2015 Breakout back from shop with some goodies,but they scratched my tank

I had Vance and Hines Shortshots, Roland Sands Turbine air cleaner, FP3, Progressive 422s, and my emblems and reflects removed. The dealer scratched the right side of my tank removing the emblem. There is a perfect circle scratch where the emblem was which means that they twisted it off and scratched the paint while doing so. I am so pissed. Now I need to go through the battle of making them eat the tank as I do not want a brand new bike repainted, I want it flawless with the OEM paint.

Anyways here is a bitter sweet pic in my garage.

Old 11-27-2014, 02:35 PM
bullast
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

They had to have seen that!

Did you notice it BEFORE you took delivery?

I go over every inch of my bike before I take it from the shop.

They've fukd my bike up EVERY time its been there.

One of those times was a gouge on my tank.

I went straight to the owner. He ordered me a new tank on the spot.

As pissed as I know you are, the only input I have is to curb it when you bring it to their attention.

I know its hard as fawk to do man.

Good luck to you bro.

Old 11-27-2014, 03:02 PM
sincitychoppa
Cruiser

Well I picked it up at night, and they delivered it covered in finger prints with sticker goo all over where the removed the emblems. I should have told them to keep it, but I was anxious to get it back. The damage however is indisputable that it was caused by the emblem removal from the perfect circle scratch. No other way that could have happened.

They also got oil all over my motor and left finger prints on my pipes wishing are now bluing and browning from the oil. At least my pipes are covered by the black heat shields.

Old 11-27-2014, 04:43 PM
BMM48
Tourer

Firstly, enjoy the new ride.

I used to trust others doing work on my bike but not anymore. I'd rather take twice as long to do something because no one else cares for your ride like you do. It's not going to help you now but you may be surprised at how much of this you can do yourself instead of paying top dollar for someone else to do a half *** job.

Good luck getting the scratches fixed up....

Old 11-27-2014, 05:43 PM
sincitychoppa
Cruiser

True, but you would think a Harley dealer that charges $108 per hour of labor and retail for the parts would do a better job. Hell aren't their mechanics supposed to be "trained and certified".

Well I guess the reason I went to harley and paid top dollar is in case a circumstance like this happened.....

Now lets see how easy it will be to get them to stand behind it.

I can tell you this, I will not let them out of being responsible and fixing it properly. Just the pain in the *** of having to redo something due to some dumbass dbag who obviously doesn't take much pride in his work. I get annoyed with unnecessary pains in the ***.

Old 11-27-2014, 06:41 PM
jgos929
Road Warrior
Received 219 Likes on 87 Posts

Dude remove those peg feelers. Those little things make that beautiful bike look horrible.

Old 11-27-2014, 07:47 PM
Beltdriven
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Anything can happen

when you give your bike to someone else.Looks like a new toolbox that's never been opened and a garage that's never seen any wrenching and your hands never get dirty.

Old 11-27-2014, 08:23 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by BMM48
Firstly, enjoy the new ride.

I used to trust others doing work on my bike but not anymore. I'd rather take twice as long to do something because no one else cares for your ride like you do. It's not going to help you now but you may be surprised at how much of this you can do yourself instead of paying top dollar for someone else to do a half *** job.

Good luck getting the scratches fixed up....
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Doesn't mean anything that they charge an arm and a leg for service rate. I don't trust anyone but me touching my bike.

Looks like you got a nice garage and a nice tool box. Get yourself a service manual and you got people here on the forum who know a ton of **** and are always willing to help.
Do it yourself. Takes 30 -45 minutes to change pipes on a bike and another 20 to take off emblems.

Old 11-27-2014, 08:58 PM
amkaos
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Well I found a really great Indy who is great mechanic,,
more than reasonable, stands behind his work..
he fixes impossible screw ups that come from the dealer

And I know for sure if he made a mistake, he would own up, fix it on his own dime..

so I would certainly trust him more than myself and they are out there..
I got lucky acuz I found him the first time I needed one

Old 11-27-2014, 09:17 PM
sincitychoppa
Cruiser

Originally Posted by jgos929
Dude remove those peg feelers. Those little things make that beautiful bike look horrible.
You are right. I didn't notice that. There is so much to do for a stock harley to make them presentable. Thanks for the advice.

Quick Reply: Just got my 2015 Breakout back from shop with some goodies,but they scratched my tank