Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2014, 05:58 PM
Bird-man
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat Question

Have an '08 Heritage Classic. I am 6'1" about 250, 33 in inseam. I actually like the stock seat but it is just about an inch or an inch and a half too far forward. When my feet are comforably on the floor boards my *** is sitting on the back edge of the seat.

I heard I could take it to a seat modification company here in the Denver area and maybe get that fixed. They would open it up add some padding or something and make it right, but just not sure. I really feel like all I need is an inch and a half and it would be perfect.

Is there a seat out there that would move me back a couple inches without adding height? I am so close to perfectly comfortable that I hate to risk modifying my stock seat.

I bought a Sundowner, but it moved me lower and 2-3 inches forward...so I now have a Sundowner seat for sale. :-)

Old 12-16-2014, 06:14 PM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,784 Likes on 9,863 Posts

Bitchin Stitchin is the place you're thinking about, it's in Lakewood.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...82001339,d.cGU
I have tried the stocker, Mustang Regal Duke, and a Corbin. Now I'm riding on a Mustang Wide Tripper which so far is my favorite. I'm 6', 33" inseam and this has moved me forward an inch or so. I have considered going to Bitchin Stitchin myself, but have been spending my $$$ elsewhere for the bike. Regal Duke and Corbin are for sale.

Old 12-16-2014, 07:09 PM
checkers
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 273 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by Bird-man
Have an '08 Heritage Classic. I am 6'1" about 250, 33 in inseam. I actually like the stock seat but it is just about an inch or an inch and a half too far forward. When my feet are comforably on the floor boards my *** is sitting on the back edge of the seat.

I heard I could take it to a seat modification company here in the Denver area and maybe get that fixed. They would open it up add some padding or something and make it right, but just not sure. I really feel like all I need is an inch and a half and it would be perfect.

Is there a seat out there that would move me back a couple inches without adding height? I am so close to perfectly comfortable that I hate to risk modifying my stock seat.

I bought a Sundowner, but it moved me lower and 2-3 inches forward...so I now have a Sundowner seat for sale. :-)
I would suggest you buy a set of floorboard extensions from Vtwin Goodies before changing out another seat. You may have a solution.

Old 12-16-2014, 10:23 PM
Bird-man
Cruiser

Originally Posted by QC
Bitchin Stitchin is the place you're thinking about, it's in Lakewood.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...82001339,d.cGU
I have tried the stocker, Mustang Regal Duke, and a Corbin. Now I'm riding on a Mustang Wide Tripper which so far is my favorite. I'm 6', 33" inseam and this has moved me forward an inch or so. I have considered going to Bitchin Stitchin myself, but have been spending my $$$ elsewhere for the bike. Regal Duke and Corbin are for sale.
Great, thanks. I think I will give them a call, see if I can just stop by with the seat, or if I should bring the bike in. Appreciate the info.

So, you're not happy with the Wide Tripper either?

Old 12-16-2014, 10:26 PM
Bird-man
Cruiser

Originally Posted by checkers
I would suggest you buy a set of floorboard extensions from Vtwin Goodies before changing out another seat. You may have a solution.
I've thought about that too. I may swing by the Harley dealer next nice day to ride and let one of those guys take a look at me on the bike and see what they think. Their solution may be more expensive, but it may be final. I hate to keep trying this and that and not be sure if it will work.

But, it keeps the used motorcycle parts economy moving I guess!

Old 12-21-2014, 11:28 AM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,784 Likes on 9,863 Posts

Originally Posted by Bird-man
Great, thanks. I think I will give them a call, see if I can just stop by with the seat, or if I should bring the bike in. Appreciate the info.

So, you're not happy with the Wide Tripper either?
I want to see if they can put me back and down an inch or so without ruining the overall comfort of the seat. It's amazing how much difference that little bit feels.

Old 12-21-2014, 02:58 PM
Captain Bob
Intermediate

I also have an 08 Heritage Classic. I am 6'1" with a 30 inch inseam. One thing I clearly disliked about the stock set up, was the passenger pillion. The forward edge protrudes into the driver seat making it a bit uncomfortable after an hour in the saddle. You will note the forward edge of the passenger seat does not conform well to the flow of the back part of the driver seat. I found the pillion kept me forward on the drivers seat. If you were to change (or remove) the passenger seat in some way, it could solve your problem. I picked up a Mustang solo (wide) seat and it moved me a little higher than the stock seat. It also did not have the pillion issue. It solved the problem but created another. It is to wide for me and my legs didn't like it. I now have a Mustang (regular width) 2 up seat (one seat pan), and am amazed at how much more comfortable the seat is. Take the passenger seat off the bike and go for a ride and see if any difference.

Have your HD dealer show you some Mustang seats. Pricey, but very nice.

Hope this helps!

Old 12-21-2014, 03:02 PM
Captain Bob
Intermediate

Forgot to mention, the Mustang two up seat felt like it moved me a little lower and further back from stock. I think that is what you are looking for. The pillion makes for a very nice back rest.

Old 12-21-2014, 04:44 PM
Beltdriven
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Softail seat

I would try a delux sheepskin seat cover.Mustang used to make them.Very comfortable and will change the riding position a little.The sheepskin is warm in the cool weather and lets your butt breathe in the hot weather.Especially good when touring.