Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 Deluxe Build Begins...

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 12:29 PM
kizzletruck
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Redbeard719
Your build is coming along really nicely Kenny. Great attention to detail and some big kudos on the rear fender extension.

I can't wait to see it all finished up with the wheels. Hopefully they come through for you soon.

Thanks man. Compliments are great especially when they are coming from some of the guys who have built bikes that I admire and have drooled over since becoming an HDF member. I guess you can say I am learning from the best! I only hope that I can impress you all as much as I have been impressed by all of your work.

As far as the wheels go... Here is hoping they get here soon.

Old 03-07-2015, 07:39 AM
kizzletruck
Tourer

Ok...... So here is the story...

I e-mailed Outlaw Cycle Products (the eBay vendor) again yesterday (for the 4th time). They then informed me later on that they had just received the rear wheel from powdercoat, and that everything would be assembled and shipped next week. Seeing as this was a different story from the last three e-mails (they told me they were waiting on the front wheel/hub assembly to come from powdercoat)... I decided to call DNA directly and speak to their customer service department. After a bit of a cluster**** explaining them the situation, they confirmed that the rear wheel hub and rim was what they were waiting on to come from powdercoat, that they had received it (yesterday), and that assembly would begin next week (which shipping should also happen next week). This means we are going into week 7 of the wheels (placed the order on Jan. 23rd).

Needless to say I am less than impressed with the delivery time - I'm not one to complain but when you give someone the same answers, four weeks in a row... And the last week it is a different answer... It seems like someone doesn't know what the F is going on. I could have had them ship me the raw parts, had my guy powdercoat them, and ship them back for assembly in half the time. Anyone else run into this issue? Would it be worthwhile to try to get expedited shipping from Outlaw being they charged me $75 to ship and failed to deliver by the projected date?

Old 03-07-2015, 10:42 AM
xmen9c
Road Master
Received 241 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by kizzletruck
Ok...... So here is the story... I e-mailed Outlaw Cycle Products (the eBay vendor) again yesterday (for the 4th time). They then informed me later on that they had just received the rear wheel from powdercoat, and that everything would be assembled and shipped next week. Seeing as this was a different story from the last three e-mails (they told me they were waiting on the front wheel/hub assembly to come from powdercoat)... I decided to call DNA directly and speak to their customer service department. After a bit of a cluster**** explaining them the situation, they confirmed that the rear wheel hub and rim was what they were waiting on to come from powdercoat, that they had received it (yesterday), and that assembly would begin next week (which shipping should also happen next week). This means we are going into week 7 of the wheels (placed the order on Jan. 23rd). Needless to say I am less than impressed with the delivery time - I'm not one to complain but when you give someone the same answers, four weeks in a row... And the last week it is a different answer... It seems like someone doesn't know what the F is going on. I could have had them ship me the raw parts, had my guy powdercoat them, and ship them back for assembly in half the time. Anyone else run into this issue? Would it be worthwhile to try to get expedited shipping from Outlaw being they charged me $75 to ship and failed to deliver by the projected date?
Sorry to hear about your struggles. Not sure how but ordered and received these wheels (21 & 16 DNAs) in less than 2 weeks in January from Mototeks.

2012 Deluxe Build Begins...-image-3230582817.jpg

Old 03-07-2015, 02:45 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

You're not gonna make the show I guess huh?

Old 03-07-2015, 03:14 PM
kizzletruck
Tourer

Well, the show is on the 28/29th. We will see. If the wheel comes the week of the 18th, or even the week of the 25th... I should be able to get it done and back together. It is just a matter of getting everything buttoned up.

Old 03-07-2015, 05:15 PM
truckin
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i went threw dna and everything went smooth for the most part. It all depends on who you deal with. Lets just say my first set was from ride wright and never again.

Old 03-07-2015, 05:50 PM
kizzletruck
Tourer

Yeah. I am hopeful that they come next week or early the week following. I'd sure like to get this thing off the lift and ready to go for the year. We hit about 46 degrees here today - not bad considering two mornings ago it was -8. Hopefully winter has broke around here. We could use an actual spring for a change....

What turned me off of Ride Wright was the price. A grand per wheels seems a little outrageous. I would have gone with Ultima King Spokes if the offered them for the newer bikes, and with a 21 x 3.5 but at the moment, they don't. Had them on my Night Train and they were very nice wheels - and priced economically.

Old 03-08-2015, 11:45 PM
Razorback
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice transformation. Which fenders did you go with? I looked back but didn't find it. In the process of painting the wife's Deluxe, those fenders would be hard to pass up as long as I'm this far into it.

EDIT: Oops, props to you, did a search and saw you fabbed them yourself. Nice, very nice. Looking forward to the finished result.

Last edited by Razorback; 03-08-2015 at 11:52 PM.
Old 03-09-2015, 04:27 AM
kizzletruck
Tourer

Originally Posted by Razorback
Nice transformation. Which fenders did you go with? I looked back but didn't find it. In the process of painting the wife's Deluxe, those fenders would be hard to pass up as long as I'm this far into it.

EDIT: Oops, props to you, did a search and saw you fabbed them yourself. Nice, very nice. Looking forward to the finished result.
Thanks for the comments and kudos. Half of the joy of modding is when others thnk what you did is great. The front fender is a stock deluxe fender, and the rear is stock - but has been stretched about 4" - 4.5" roughly. Really, it wasn't all that bad. A friend and I put about 3.5 hours into it. I bough a used (damaged) fender off of eBay and cut a section out of the rear and spliced it in. You can see my project of the fender stretch below:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...-deluxe-4.html

Old 03-10-2015, 01:28 AM
Razorback
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the link, cant wait to see it on the new wheels.....And that tractor is way too clean

Quick Reply: 2012 Deluxe Build Begins...