Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heated grips- who's gottem?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2014, 06:55 PM
dstiger
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heated grips- who's gottem?

Just curious- my slim has an easy hook up for the vest (battery tender pick up) and I am thinking the heated grips will make a big difference in cold (TX cold- ha) riding. My bike does not have a windshield- stock set up....

Any experiences?

How do they (H-D grip) work- are they worth the money?

after looking at 14 pages of installation instructions! In reality- how difficult to install?

TIA

Old 12-19-2014, 07:12 PM
tmilo1000
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

A friend of mine had heated hand grips on his street glide. Really felt nice. Wind blocked and warm hands on a winter day, better than gloves.

Old 12-19-2014, 08:59 PM
csaari77
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got a pair on my fatboy, and they work really well. I can't comment on the installation because they were on the bike when I bought it.

Old 12-19-2014, 09:21 PM
jcsshane
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thought about them for years - Always liked my Avon grips and didn't like the grips that came with the HD sets. Everyone kept telling me that the Heat Demon's worked great. Never made sense as they heat from inside the bar!

Put them in last year. What took me so long!! I've never had to use them with heavy gloves and have never had them on high. I installed them, and I don't think I have any special skills. I highly recommend heated grips and highly recommend the affordable conversion using the Heat Demons.

Old 12-20-2014, 12:14 AM
Bluraven
Grand HDF Member
Received 752 Likes on 460 Posts

Why not just get heated gloves?
Wouldn't that be easier, cheaper and do the same thing which is keep your hands warm?

Just a thought.

Old 12-20-2014, 08:23 AM
galaxyfe
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I've always had buddies rant and rave about heated grips as the best thing since Velcro. I have heated gloves and I pretty much ride until there's snow or salt. Gloves provide a cometely comfortable environment (as does all heated gear), not just tolerable; comfortable. For the life of me, if you have no wind protection I cannot see how grips could be superior to gloves. Id love to try grips to do a side by side comparison just to see, but I'm thinking no way. Especially with no wind protection for the back of the hand.

Old 12-20-2014, 09:00 AM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 56 Posts

I have had them on my bikes for many years. If your hands stay warm, your whole body feels warm. In ND there are lots of cold days to test them out too.

Old 12-20-2014, 09:25 AM
472viper
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Who wants a set ? I have a set of heated grips I bought on swap meet here. Thought I was going to install them when I changed bars and now have decided I'm not going to change bars. Shoot me a PM if interested.

Old 12-20-2014, 09:29 AM
Stiggy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,544 Likes on 3,057 Posts

I have them on the BMW and use heated gloves on both bikes. I prefer the gloves.

Old 12-20-2014, 09:40 AM
jcsshane
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I tried gloves and didn't like them. I was having trouble with certain areas being much hotter than others. Took them back and tried another....same issue. My bad luck I guess. But with the heated grips, I'm not missing the wires running thru my jacket and hooking up. Just me

Quick Reply: Heated grips- who's gottem?