Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tunes on a Heritage..let's see em!

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 11:06 PM
floridapoolboy
Road Master
Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by amkaos
Lol..maybe so and yet I'm sure I'm right..lol
I'd say that means we won't be seeing any stereo install posts from you then, right? I'll post mine once I'm done, I hope others do as well.

Old 12-21-2014, 11:45 PM
Silver Fox
Club Member
Received 44 Likes on 26 Posts

I put some music on my Deluxe. Here is the thread,,,,if I do it right. There is a bunch of things I did to the bike in here so hope you don't mind. If you want to set up your own tunes it may give you some ideas.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...ricated+deluxe

Old 12-21-2014, 11:49 PM
Next In Line
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 160 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete3323
Exactly...and if I'm not mistaken, wearing earbuds while driving is a ticket in Cali.
But wearing a McDonalds drive through head set while blasting music for everybody in a 500 yard radius is not grounds for a ticket.

Old 12-22-2014, 06:31 AM
kneesinthebreeze
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by shovelhead FXEF
Is that a Reckless fairing? Like it?
It is a Reckless fairing and yes I do like it a lot. I know a fairing and a Softail are not everyone's liking but it is mine. Most of my rides are on the weekends and are over 100 miles at a time. I did the ear bud and MP3 player for 2 years and I found it distracting. It seemed the earbuds were always coming loose out of my ears and I was constantly messing with them and losing the soft ear pieces.

I bought the Reckless a couple months ago and it just works. Wind protection is great and the tunes are fantastic. While riding on back country roads or the hi way I can crank up the tunes since I have an amp and it is loud and clear. I do have enough respect for others and I don't want to look like a douche that when I am around others I turn the volume down.

The Reckless Windshield tunes look like a good alternative if you want tunes and your stock wind shield.

Old 12-22-2014, 06:59 AM
cocky
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 152 Likes on 124 Posts

Ok, ill bite and call me stuuupid, but if u don't do a fairing and earbuds are out, where in the world would you put a receiver, antenna, and speakers on a softail? The bags?

Old 12-22-2014, 07:26 AM
amkaos
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

wow silver fox.. you are somethin...
been reading your thread..

Old 12-22-2014, 08:43 AM
paul1970
Tourer
Received 92 Likes on 58 Posts

I took aux light housings put 4 1/2 inch speakers in them and mounted an amp in my bags, I use an inline volume control mounted to the frame just behind my left leg, I use my phone or mp3 for source ill try to get a few pics up today, speakers can be mounted on bars or on the crash bars they're compact enough they look good either place

Old 12-22-2014, 01:43 PM
Next In Line
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 160 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by cocky
Ok, ill bite and call me stuuupid, but if u don't do a fairing and earbuds are out, where in the world would you put a receiver, antenna, and speakers on a softail? The bags?

Old 12-22-2014, 01:47 PM
Jameson
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bluetooth earbuds

Old 12-22-2014, 01:54 PM
fatboy slim
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On the Kawasaki, I have my iPhone on a mag mount on the dash which is hard wired into the entertainment system, with all the tunes accessible from the left switch gear.

On the RK, I have a similar mount just below the speedo and a bluetooth headset in my crash helmet with one touch call answer and text to voice etc. All my tunes direct to me ears without all the speakers and **** that are needed on the Kawa.
Simple cigarette lighter charger in the right saddlebag mounted with the air tank for my police seat shock, and a cable running to the iPhone mount. Easy Peasy.

Quick Reply: Tunes on a Heritage..let's see em!