Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

21 or 23 inch wheel?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2015, 10:41 AM
Steven725
Tourer
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Thank you guys for your input it is much appreciated.

Old 01-13-2015, 11:02 AM
Kris HD Rocker
Advanced
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Steven725
Looking to get some input here. I plan on getting some red ride wright wheels with black spokes, and red hubs. I really like whitewall tires however, I can't find anything other then a vee for a 23 which I heard not to get. So do I get a 21 with whitewalls or get a 23 with blackwalls? What do you guys think would look better?
21" and that's it. Don't think too much! :-)

Old 01-13-2015, 11:17 AM
thelawnmowerman
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I've had both ... Go 23'' go big or go home!! ... theres little or no difference in riding them, But the look of the 23 is way better ... the newer Vee's are a different story to the earlier ones. And dont rake it, it doesnt need it , in my opinion anyways .

Old 01-13-2015, 01:10 PM
Steven725
Tourer

Originally Posted by thelawnmowerman
I've had both ... Go 23'' go big or go home!! ... theres little or no difference in riding them, But the look of the 23 is way better ... the newer Vee's are a different story to the earlier ones. And dont rake it, it doesnt need it , in my opinion anyways .
Yeah I don't plan on doing a rake. I might get a vee so I can go with whitewalls. I have read alot of negative things about them but they were older threads. And people that have them now seem to like them and don't have any problems.

Old 01-13-2015, 01:27 PM
thelawnmowerman
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Steven725
Yeah I don't plan on doing a rake. I might get a vee so I can go with whitewalls. I have read alot of negative things about them but they were older threads. And people that have them now seem to like them and don't have any problems.
Thats true mate ,, think theyve pretty much ironed out the problems, my vendor of choice sells em as a package , wheel and tyre .

Old 01-13-2015, 11:19 PM
Steven725
Tourer

Originally Posted by thelawnmowerman
Alright go big or go home huh? Looks like I will be pulling the trigger on the 23. Now do I get a vee whitewall for it and a whitewall metzeler for the rear .....decisions decisions

Old 01-13-2015, 11:32 PM
Hawaii-Five-Jo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm running a 26" front with a Vee on my rocker. No problems to report here. Go with a 23...vee is the only white wall...but if you decide to change it up later you got Avon Metz and Pirelli making 23" tires. So you should be good. Red with black spokes, that'll be nice!

Old 01-13-2015, 11:37 PM
Hawaii-Five-Jo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Ink83
23 front 21 rear. You'll have something different
I love Thunderbike's bikes. Their style is unique and awesome.

Old 01-14-2015, 12:25 AM
Steven725
Tourer

Originally Posted by Hawaii-Five-Jo
I'm running a 26" front with a Vee on my rocker. No problems to report here. Go with a 23...vee is the only white wall...but if you decide to change it up later you got Avon Metz and Pirelli making 23" tires. So you should be good. Red with black spokes, that'll be nice!
I would love to do the whitewalls and you're the second person that said they have had luck with vee. Lawnmowerman stated they have ironed out their problems from the past issues they've had. So now that I am fully committed on the 23 just need to decide on tires. Thank you very much for your response, makes me feel better if I go with vee.

Old 01-16-2015, 02:26 PM
Steven725
Tourer

So after selling my first born unborn child and pulling out a second mortgage on the house hahaha kidding of course. I pulled the trigger on 23er and 18 rear with blackwalls. God were they expensive!!! I just wanted to thank everyone for all their input and helpping me with my decision. My ride wright wheels should be here in 3 weeks pictures will be up soon! Thanks again everyone!

Quick Reply: 21 or 23 inch wheel?