Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cruise control

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2015, 10:49 PM
TS Tinker
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tailsfrommycrib
The CVO softail deluxe comes standards with fly by wire throttle and cruise control but stock softails have never come with either and they still don't.
What he said. Wish they did, my right hand literally hurts after just a short time at the same throttle position. My other bikes have cruise and it makes all the difference on a road trip to be able to swap hands

Last edited by TS Tinker; 01-14-2015 at 10:55 PM.
Old 01-15-2015, 05:01 AM
oscar621
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 01-15-2015, 08:40 AM
Silver Fox
Club Member
Received 44 Likes on 26 Posts

some good reading oscar621

Old 01-15-2015, 10:43 AM
peg20
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've got the Kury ISO grips with the throttle boss. It makes all the difference in the world. I can ride for 14 hours a day without wrist problems, and I suffer from RSI when typing.

Those little friction wheels under the throttle are rubbish. If you've ever changed your grips, you'll see that they just rub up against the throttle inside, so wear away over time. The simplest, workable solution that I've seen is just basically a peg that grips around your grip, and rests on top of the brake lever. Once up to speed, you just push it down onto the brake lever and it holds it there. You can still open the throttle more to overtake, and if you push the throttle closed, it will slow down. A very simple idea.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:111272

EDIT: I'm in the process of building a 3d printer, so I'll definitely be having a go with this once it's up and running. I'll let you all know how I get on. (But I'm sure there are people selling this kind of thing on ebay. I'm in the UK, so postage is going to be the biggest part, but could otherwise sell them at cost if others were interested.)

Old 01-16-2015, 06:57 PM
Silver Fox
Club Member

Hey oscar621 did you have one cable to make up for your cruise. How many wires to make it work were there.
Trying to get an idea of what I may need.

Old 01-18-2015, 07:23 AM
oscar621
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep. Just one cable - "Stepper" cable from module to Throttle body. I did not use idle cable with cruise cut-out switch because that seemed to be source of biggest problem when it quit working on most other bikes.

I used the 3rd function on the volume/mode switches from the radio switch kit to act as the kill switch.

Steve

Old 01-18-2015, 07:56 AM
bigblock59
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Softail cvo a couple of years ago had cruise standard.

Old 01-18-2015, 08:14 AM
Silver Fox
Club Member

Originally Posted by bigblock59
Softail cvo a couple of years ago had cruise standard.
Thanks, that's nice to hear. I'll have to look at that.

Old 01-19-2015, 09:15 PM
MudFlap379
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know it's pricey, but the cruisemounts solution is a great one. Dave uses Harley parts and buildsee a setup for the Softail. My dad ordered one for his '08 Heritage, and absolutely loves it. I bought an '07 FLHT that didn't have cruise. I bought a cruise system that I thought would work, but was good up to '06. Harley changed the connector for '07. I called Dave at cruisemounts, told him my conundrum, and he offered to build me an adapter harness, or just sell me the connector and pins. I went with the connector and pins, then had one of our avionics guys fix it up for me. My point is that Dave puts out a great product, and is a pleasure to deal with. He's more than happy to help in any way.

Old 01-19-2015, 09:31 PM
amkaos
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by MudFlap379
I know it's pricey, but the cruisemounts solution is a great one. Dave uses Harley parts and buildsee a setup for the Softail. My dad ordered one for his '08 Heritage, and absolutely loves it. I bought an '07 FLHT that didn't have cruise. I bought a cruise system that I thought would work, but was good up to '06. Harley changed the connector for '07. I called Dave at cruisemounts, told him my conundrum, and he offered to build me an adapter harness, or just sell me the connector and pins. I went with the connector and pins, then had one of our avionics guys fix it up for me. My point is that Dave puts out a great product, and is a pleasure to deal with. He's more than happy to help in any way.
Sounds great zept they don't do business anymore..have a few units for 2007 and up for softails, to bad

Quick Reply: cruise control