Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Apes are on!!.......pic heavy!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2015, 10:24 AM
professorzoogy
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

....was curious if those bars have a locking pin of some sort to keep them from rotating in the triples .....being high like that puts some good force on the clamps .

Old 01-18-2015, 10:28 AM
Daddy454
Road Master
Received 316 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by professorzoogy
....was curious if those bars have a locking pin of some sort to keep them from rotating in the triples .....being high like that puts some good force on the clamps .
Actually no....and they did move the first time I rolled it up onto my lift....not good.I took my tool engraver,and lightly scratched "knurls" into the top clamp,and that did the trick.Pushing and pulling in and outta the wheel chock,and no movement.Forgot to mention that I did swap to poly bushings as well.

Old 01-18-2015, 12:42 PM
cruzomatic
Road Master
Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

Looks good. Nice clean garage floor to.

Old 01-18-2015, 12:54 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Love love love the paint on your ride dude. Is that bare metal in the flames?

The apes look good. Chrome risers are a nice way to break up that area. Only thing that throws my eye off is the way that only the clutch cable runs in between the bars and not the throttle/idle and brake line.

Not knocking you dude. The bike still looks bad ***

Old 01-18-2015, 01:08 PM
Daddy454
Road Master

Originally Posted by cruzomatic
Looks good. Nice clean garage floor to.
Thanks bro.That floor is a pain in my ***.I painted it years ago with some "top quality" floor paint....lasted about a year with traffic.Gonna do epoxy at some point,but I do try to keep it swept.

Old 01-18-2015, 01:13 PM
Daddy454
Road Master

Originally Posted by Alain
Love love love the paint on your ride dude. Is that bare metal in the flames?

The apes look good. Chrome risers are a nice way to break up that area. Only thing that throws my eye off is the way that only the clutch cable runs in between the bars and not the throttle/idle and brake line.

Not knocking you dude. The bike still looks bad ***
Yeah man,it is grinded(ground?) bare metal under the yellow candy.One of the reasons I bought this particular bike.I'd like to get the exact same scheme in a red candy...cuz that's my color.Some day.
I too am not a fan of how that clutch cable runs.I actually started a thread about trying to hide it/them,but not much feedback.This was the best I came up with.That thing is so stiff,you can't hardly hide it.Any thoughts?

Old 01-18-2015, 01:43 PM
professorzoogy
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

.....hydraulic conversion . it all depends on how much you are willing to spend to keep the bars "clean" .

Old 01-18-2015, 03:41 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Daddy454
Yeah man,it is grinded(ground?) bare metal under the yellow candy.One of the reasons I bought this particular bike.I'd like to get the exact same scheme in a red candy...cuz that's my color.Some day.
I too am not a fan of how that clutch cable runs.I actually started a thread about trying to hide it/them,but not much feedback.This was the best I came up with.That thing is so stiff,you can't hardly hide it.Any thoughts?
I hear you on how hard it is trying to hide those cables when the apes are tall like that. Here's what I did when I first installed apes a bunch of years ago.

Since its hard to totally hide them i just tried to make them look as symmetrical as possible.

Attached Thumbnails Apes are on!!.......pic heavy!-image.jpg  
Old 01-18-2015, 03:44 PM
Daddy454
Road Master

Originally Posted by professorzoogy
.....hydraulic conversion . it all depends on how much you are willing to spend to keep the bars "clean" .
Never heard of it.How hard to do?How much?

Old 01-18-2015, 03:47 PM
Daddy454
Road Master

Originally Posted by Alain
I hear you on how hard it is trying to hide those cables when the apes are tall like that. Here's what I did when I first installed apes a bunch of years ago.

Since its hard to totally hide them i just tried to make them look as symmetrical as possible.
Hmm..that does look better.Not sure if I got enough brake/throttle cable to come out to center like that.I'll check it out.How was the view?That's the other annoying thing about that clutch cable....I can see alright,but it draws my eye to it.Those fender spikes are nuts!

Quick Reply: Apes are on!!.......pic heavy!