Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Night Train springer bobber styled

Old 01-22-2015, 11:37 PM
misfitJason
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 651 Posts

It looks badass man. The bars kind of kill it though. Your going for a bobber look and then the bars are screaming tribal like a bad 90's tattoo. But in the end it's yours. Anyway back to the good. The rear fender,tank, and seat look rad. Good job

Old 01-23-2015, 01:52 AM
Daddy454
Road Master
Received 316 Likes on 144 Posts

Well,I'll be the first dissenting vote....I love the way it looks in that first pic,but I'll be watching to see where you take it.What did you do to the front end to get it that low?Thats what I'm going for with mine.I put in the Prog Drop-ins,but it's not low enough.

Old 01-23-2015, 04:01 AM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mac1313
I love the Cole Foster tank. I was back and forth for months before I finally decided on the Roland Sands tank. Now for some reason I have an extra lying around in my garage. lol

Alain,

Yes, check out the link below.

http://www.customchrome.com/dcm/cc/_...4u/LS2014.html
Thanks for the link. You have an extra Foster tank?

Old 01-23-2015, 07:41 AM
Ink83
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by SKT
. . Woot Woot - subscribed and looking forward to following your progress! Thanks for starting a 'build' thread! . .
Everyone can thank you, you're the one that got me starting this thread

Originally Posted by mac1313
Ink, Here are some old pics. She is torn down at the moment...she is getting a springer front end.
Man that looks great. Interested to know what you did for a speedo and where you mounted it? I've got a custom springer made up for mine

Originally Posted by misfitJason
It looks badass man. The bars kind of kill it though. Your going for a bobber look and then the bars are screaming tribal like a bad 90's tattoo. But in the end it's yours. Anyway back to the good. The rear fender,tank, and seat look rad. Good job
Cheers Jason! If you read my first post, it explains everything being done. The entire front and rear of the bike is going, leaving only the driveline and frame alone. The only thing I've changed in that photo is the tank lol. So yes, the bars are going, along with everything else

Originally Posted by Daddy454
Well,I'll be the first dissenting vote....I love the way it looks in that first pic,but I'll be watching to see where you take it.What did you do to the front end to get it that low?Thats what I'm going for with mine.I put in the Prog Drop-ins,but it's not low enough.
That's cool, everyone likes something different. I want something that looks a little less like a harley and a bit more like something built in my garage.
The front you see is about a 4" drop. Drop in springs and 2" under tubes. (22.25)

Old 01-23-2015, 09:40 AM
Visago
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This look is right up my alley. Can't wait to see the end product...gonna be badass fo sho. Mac your bike is sick as well.

Old 01-23-2015, 10:02 AM
Alain
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Ink83
Haha thanks Alain, I've been silently watching your build too mate that's a killer project you got going. As Mac pointed out, it certainly does work with EFI.

Haha. It's like a garage sale at my place at the moment with all the parts for sale
Are you gonna be selling your old tank ink? If so let me know

Old 01-23-2015, 05:42 PM
Ink83
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts

Never mind Mac, I couldn't see you last two pics before but now I can with the speedo

Old 01-23-2015, 07:04 PM
mac1313
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ink83
Never mind Mac, I couldn't see you last two pics before but now I can with the speedo
Ink,

Sorry I just saw this. I made a bracket for my factory speedometer and mounted in the extra hole on top of the forward control. I can get you better pictures if you would like.

Old 01-23-2015, 07:05 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member

Ink, what you thinking on doing with your speedo and indicator lights ?

I went with the DK relocation kit for sportsters. The DK kit itself is awesome but I had to replace the stock harness that connected my speedo/indicstor lights to the main bike's harness. I replaced it with a sportster's but now the indicator lights don't jive Lolol.

When I activate my left blinker the high beam indicator flashes and when I activate the right blinker the left blinker indicator blinks.

I'm trying to figure out what to do about this issue. I guess I could pull out all the pins on the sportster's wiring harness I'm using and try to match it to the rocker's wiring harness.

Only reason I kept the speedo/indicator lights is so that God forbid I have an oil level or oil pump problem I wouldn't know it if I didn't have the indicator lights. This is turning out to be a bigger battle than I anticipated.

I'm trying to see what other avenues might be out there.

Old 01-23-2015, 08:05 PM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,719 Likes on 2,096 Posts

Where did you get all the time to be doing this man.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Night Train springer bobber styled