Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Night Train springer bobber styled

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 05:03 AM
Ink83
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts

Started doing the race theme paint on the tins, as in I started preping them then out if nowhere rain came in for my entire break home. So no progress there. Got my swing arm and its and pieces back from powder coaters. Been tidying up the motor and box and frame. Still need to clean up the barrels and touch up a bit of paint missing on them from a fight with the pipes. Started cleaning up some of the wiring and pissed that plastic cover crap off from behind the regulator.

I went out and change all the bolts to black steel Allen key head instead of painting them or using black caps. Looks far better then before.
The cam cover is one of Story's pieces

Bikes pulled apart in pieces again, but here's a cool little pic from a month or so ago

Old 07-02-2015, 06:05 AM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 430 Likes on 379 Posts

That motor looks good enough to lick

Old 07-02-2015, 08:36 AM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Looking good brah!! What air cleaner is that? Figure 8 machine ?

Old 07-02-2015, 04:32 PM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,809 Likes on 2,126 Posts

That sum bitch is starting to take shape 83. you need to get a padded nut sack before you ride that seat.LOL I been thinking you need to paint the tank and fender with a brush for a stand out visual effect.

Old 07-02-2015, 05:59 PM
rockerz
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Can't wait to see finished product. It's looking soooo NASTY, got me drooling

Old 07-03-2015, 06:56 AM
Ink83
Road Warrior

Splatt it's clean enough to lick

Alain it's a performance machine job

G the 2" springs were heated and reseat a little lower, not much bounce in them but should save my nuts...I hope lol. I was looking for a local to brush the colour and logo on the tins, I beenwanting that look all along, but Ive had no luck, and 3 year old would do a better job then me

Rockerz cheers! I like a bit of nastiness in my bikes

Old 07-03-2015, 10:52 AM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,809 Likes on 2,126 Posts

Originally Posted by Ink83
Splatt it's clean enough to lick

Alain it's a performance machine job

G the 2" springs were heated and reseat a little lower, not much bounce in them but should save my nuts...I hope lol. I was looking for a local to brush the colour and logo on the tins, I beenwanting that look all along, but Ive had no luck, and 3 year old would do a better job then me

Rockerz cheers! I like a bit of nastiness in my bikes
I'm thinking brush some thick rustoleum yourself and take it to your local pinstriper for the logo Ink

Old 07-03-2015, 02:58 PM
Ink83
Road Warrior

I had stencils made up so I could paint it all myself. I was talking about the logos/numbers and pin strip, that's the part I thought would be cool in brushed on. My grandfather who's now passed use to do all the logos and pin stripping on all the fleet of trucks for his business many years ago, loved that look

Old 07-06-2015, 07:40 PM
gnarlyfox001
Tourer
Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

be careful cause those allan bolts still rust. You have any internal motor work done?

Old 07-07-2015, 07:05 AM
Ink83
Road Warrior

Gnarly they do indeed, I had to try them though. See how long they last.

Internally it's nothing over the top. In basic, it's just forged flat tops, decent set of cams, push rods, 103 cylinders, stock heads and manifold that's been ported and port matched to each other along with oversize valves, decked shaved to bring the Comp ratio to 11:1 and the TB taken out 2mm. The heads were bench flowed. Say at .600 thou inlet cfm jumped from 220 stock to 270 and exhaust from 175 to 215. Obviously the gap grew even further apart as more lift was added. Pretty happy with that from the stock 96 heads

Only reason I did the top end work was I need comp releases tapped in as the 10.5:1 ration before ended up killing a starter motor with the struggle to kick over. At that stage it wasn't much more to send the lot off to one of the best machinists we have on this side of the country.

I used part for part on this motor as another guy that lives where I live. Same 07 night train, same tuner, same guy who did the top end work. Only difference is he used a larger TB and differnt pipes and pumped out 120hp at the rear. I defintely won't see those numbers, but i was never chasing numbers in the first place. It's interesting to see though with a good machinest and dyno tuner, these stock heads machined up on a little 103 can pull good number still.

My pipe isn't going to help power at all obviously though. But the bikes had a fair amount of weight reduction and from my experience, weight reduction has far better results then a few extra horses. So I think with the added power and weight loss, it should be still plenty of fun at hand

Quick Reply: Night Train springer bobber styled