Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Night Train springer bobber styled

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2016, 07:47 PM
Hellbilly07
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I have a Vance & Hines Competition Indy Outlaw 2-1. Makes good torque and has a decent sound. I want something that sounds different, it's a good rumble but I want something with a lil more throat to it. Are we talkin bout the same pipe?

Old 04-26-2016, 08:31 PM
1004ron
Road Warrior
Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by 1004ron
All the best with your business, .... your creative talents will carry you a long way.
Many of us have a fair level of technical competency, but there's very few like yourself that have that plus the artistic creativity.

Been following this build from the start, and like many others, couldn't believe you could make that great looking NT any better, but you've convincingly proven us wrong.

Old 04-27-2016, 06:07 PM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 430 Likes on 379 Posts

In my opinion... And this is just an opinion Ink. That beast of yours is so many things wrapped up in one vey unique build. But one thing I see most of in it is this Frisco old school to it. And with that, some tall upswept dual drag pipes would do it for me. Just my two cents tho my man.
Now go back to wrackin your brainz till you come up with what is that you see fit best

Old 04-27-2016, 09:00 PM
stal94gt
Road Master
Received 95 Likes on 88 Posts

Inked i don't think there is such thing as a perfect bike, just a bike your satisfied with. Having power is fun and the jockey shift is sweet but I trying to build a bike to satisfy all needs and wants cost a lot of time and money and usually just shifts one like to a dislike somewhere else.

Old 05-03-2016, 01:46 AM
Ink83
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts

Hellbilly the short one not the long one. I'm not sure which one you're talking about. To be honest I haven't even looked up the pipe.

Thank you 1004ron!! I say this a lot, but I really do appreciate the kind words man. It's nice to be appreciated, so thank you brother!

Splatt I've tried longer pipes on, and the problem I found visually with that thinned out front end and wide rear tyre, long pipes just add too much "fat" towards the rear that it it accentuates the wider rear, and it just doesn't look right.

Stal94gt you're dead right man. I need to just leave the thing alone

Old 05-03-2016, 03:08 AM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Ink83

Splatt I've tried longer pipes on, and the problem I found visually with that thinned out front end and wide rear tyre, long pipes just add too much "fat" towards the rear that it it accentuates the wider rear, and it just doesn't look right.
comon Brother, you know you want these LOL

Old 05-03-2016, 04:11 AM
EagleRay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 100 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by splattttttt
comon Brother, you know you want these LOL

If you wanna go that route why only go halfway? You should consider fitting some of those vintage style swiss-made pipes....

Old 05-03-2016, 06:06 AM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

Those are wind instruments. But could be made to fit Ink's beast

Old 05-03-2016, 05:59 PM
Ink83
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts

Some updates on the rear fender. As I said before I wasn't 100% on how the fender/strut setup was but had a plan to make it look more finished.

Setting it up to make it one seamless piece

How the fender blank originally came was with a flat spot where the weld ran down the center and pulled it in. We are rounding this back out, even though it matches the flat spot on the tyre, when I cut a nice round shape out of the rear of the fender it still had this look from the rear like it wasn't curved nicely.

Made it seamless and added a piece in to make it flow around to the rear of the fender. Also trimmed the rear of the fender back an inch and to take some of the radius out and make it not so round looking. One thing I didn't take a photo of was the added speed holes we put in. Still not finished though, the finishing touch that will really make this a nice piece is the rolled edge. This is 13 gauge and with the shape of the fender virtually impossible to roll the edge on an English wheel. Though we come up with a plan on how to tackle it...stay tuned

Old 05-03-2016, 06:43 PM
1004ron
Road Warrior
Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Ink83
Some updates on the rear fender. As I said before I wasn't 100% on how the fender/strut setup was but had a plan to make it look more finished.

Setting it up to make it one seamless piece

How the fender blank originally came was with a flat spot where the weld ran down the center and pulled it in. We are rounding this back out, even though it matches the flat spot on the tyre, when I cut a nice round shape out of the rear of the fender it still had this look from the rear like it wasn't curved nicely.

Made it seamless and added a piece in to make it flow around to the rear of the fender. Also trimmed the rear of the fender back an inch and to take some of the radius out and make it not so round looking. One thing I didn't take a photo of was the added speed holes we put in. Still not finished though, the finishing touch that will really make this a nice piece is the rolled edge. This is 13 gauge and with the shape of the fender virtually impossible to roll the edge on an English wheel. Though we come up with a plan on how to tackle it...stay tuned
That photo, might be an optical illusion, but the centre line of the fender seems to have a "chin" and doesn't follow the curve of the tire - looks like the curve cut across the needs to be a little shallower.

Edit: Looks like you addressed this with the changes - would be good to see a photo from the same angle.

Last edited by 1004ron; 05-03-2016 at 06:54 PM.

Quick Reply: Night Train springer bobber styled