Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Night Train springer bobber styled

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2016, 07:20 AM
Ink83
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by chrome-dome-dave
What kind of bars? I'm thinking some clip-ons would look badass and fun but prob not to comfy lol
Along those lines, most likely weld straight off the sides of the springer top clamp. As low as this will be I've sat on the bike and sized it up and it's actually quite a nice postion. Remember the seat is virtually on the frame, and the inline springer means the bars are already closer to you then off your regular triple trees. my back wouldn't last on these Aussie roads around here if it was a bad kind of stretch for the bars haha

Old 12-09-2016, 01:12 PM
chrome-dome-dave
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I use to run broom stick bars on 1.5" risers and lived them for lane splitting but my back didn't like them on long hauls haha

Old 12-20-2016, 09:23 AM
chrome-dome-dave
Road Master

Here ya go ink, neck gusset is gone. Not mine but saw it on ig Night Train springer bobber styled-photo135.jpg

Old 12-20-2016, 01:36 PM
Hellbilly07
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Pretty clean bike there too buds

Old 12-21-2016, 07:35 AM
Ink83
Road Warrior

Hmm I'm still not sure about it. If there was an extra inch or two in the up and out then I think it'd look the part. Though I do think chemical candys night train does look good with it removed. I think I'm going to keep it in, if anything change it to tube.

Well I always said I was going to make my own forward controls, well I half am now, part I bought and the rest I'm making. Reason for this is I've got a bold idea I hope pulls off, you's will have to all wait and see. I'm saving the complete made from scratch pedals idea for the heritage chop, which are going to be small meat and clean. Well the night trains pedals are going to be a clean setup too, but a bit more racey?

Old 12-23-2016, 09:33 AM
Ink83
Road Warrior

Played around with bars today. I'm going to move them around a bit tomorrow, not completely happy with the angles, but it's close. Also I over done the length so I could chop them back once the angle I wanted was achieved. Probably take about an inch amd a half off each side to bring them in more. Loving the sexy lines of the bike now

And an idea of headlight placement. Will be using a smaller headlight like this one off the heritage chop too.

Old 12-23-2016, 11:00 AM
Hellbilly07
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Lookin' good brother. I love springers with low bars just as much as short apes. Can't wait to see the end result, if there is one lol! I keep sayin one of the bikes I'm gonna build will be a springer on a frame with about 4-6" in the downtubes with a set of straight low slung bars like you are building. Nice job on the tank btw

Old 12-23-2016, 01:00 PM
chrome-dome-dave
Road Master

Reminds of a choppers inc style now

Old 12-23-2016, 06:20 PM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 430 Likes on 379 Posts

from this shot, I quickly saw it with a freight train head lamp... Maybe two stacked above each other.
Need height above top tree

Old 12-23-2016, 07:32 PM
Ink83
Road Warrior

Thanks hellbilly, I love a bit of stretches in the downtubes too. Right from when I put the orange tank on first, low bars was one of those things I felt would of suited it better. But I had the other bars ready to go on and secimdly that Cole Foster tank having a wide flat front to it mean any low bars would have to come off the front of the top tree and go out forward a little and then swoop back. I didn't think that would of looked any good so the mini apes stayed on to my dissaponmtent. Different story with this tank, I can now do the bars I wanted all along.

Dave it should, I'm influenced by both of the Lane brothers styles, and of a style of a building here in Australia. Pretty much turning the heritage into old style bobber with apes, and wanted this bike to be more opposite, so it'll be more the modern tech low drag style chopper bike or whatever you wanna call it. Still be it's own bike with the fact with a few different things that avoid current trends, and a few cool tricks that are of my own ideas

Splatt you meaning the headlight needs hieght above the top tree? I do see the headlight working too way, the same 5 3/4 lamp with more height then it was before, or right down low with a 4" light like I've shown in the pic. I'm gunning for the low and small look at the moment, though that could change. But it really has a low fast look about it down low

Quick Reply: Night Train springer bobber styled