Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Night Train springer bobber styled

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2015, 07:54 PM
Ink83
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts

Stripping my night train again for another new look.

So it was suggested I share my build for those who are interested in destroying their bike too lol.

Basically I'm going old school bobber style. It's obvious not an old school bike so for you die hard old bobbed fans, I know it's not proper old school.

For now, the engine/transmission/open primary are staying, everything will slowly getting change. Slowly because being in Australia and a lot of parts sourced from US can be a bit of a PITA with the time differences and not being able to see parts first hand before purchase. Then there's the long wait on parts to be made and shipped to the other side of the world. Some thing I won't be certain on until I have other parts on the bike to see how it flows together.

So far I'm undecided on the cole foster tank or a older style peanut tank that's on its way from the states as we speak, both need so mods to make work. I have a Led Sled Customs inline springer that's about 4.5" under then the stock fxstb front end. I have a wider swing arm and low profile spring seat both custom made for this bike. It will be a chain/brake drive setup, with some narly big 6 piston 13" rotor setup for the front. I have my eye on a nice tank shift that will need some modding to make fit. I'll be running the clutch lever on the tank shift too. Rear fender will be a short wrap swing arm mounted job.

Now the bars I'm still bouncing around between a number of choices. Ultimately the flow of the tank and steering clearance will be a major factor to consider so until the other tank arrives and I have the springer on, I'll wait on choosing the bars. Most likely be hidden grip ace switches.

As for wheels, I guess that can be the surprise. Have had a hard time chasing them up as no one in Australia sells them and it looks like I've only found two guys in the US that custom make them. The new pipes are a cool little number too. Currently finding some one to ceramic coat them, and I'll add a bit of wrap to them too.

There's a fair amount of bullshit in between with lights and wiring and custom mounts etc I'll share along the way too.

Yesterday I started stripping the bike. For those of you who haven't seen the bike before I'll throw some of them up and a couple of how the first nights progress

Thanks for looking

After last nights progress

Last edited by Ink83; 01-22-2015 at 10:22 PM.
Old 01-22-2015, 08:19 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I couldn't subscribe fast enough to this thread !!!

I like that rank your threw on there for now. Would that bad boy work with efi bikes?

Old 01-22-2015, 09:07 PM
professorzoogy
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well....nothing wrong with taking a super cool bike and ripping into it.....only to achieve a higher state of badassedness lol.....I will be following this one !

Old 01-22-2015, 09:32 PM
bswearingen
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gonna be lookin forward to seeing what you turn out. Loved it to start with

Old 01-22-2015, 09:38 PM
stal94gt
Road Master
Received 95 Likes on 88 Posts

inked i like that tank you have mounted up, i wonder if the sportster style fuel pump can mount up in it. hey who makes those upper fork tube covers! i love them!

Last edited by stal94gt; 01-22-2015 at 09:41 PM.
Old 01-22-2015, 09:38 PM
mac1313
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I love the Cole Foster tank. I was back and forth for months before I finally decided on the Roland Sands tank. Now for some reason I have an extra lying around in my garage. lol

Originally Posted by Alain
I couldn't subscribe fast enough to this thread !!!

I like that rank your threw on there for now. Would that bad boy work with efi bikes?
Alain,

Yes, check out the link below.

http://www.customchrome.com/dcm/cc/_...4u/LS2014.html

Old 01-22-2015, 10:14 PM
Ink83
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Alain
I couldn't subscribe fast enough to this thread !!! I like that rank your threw on there for now. Would that bad boy work with efi bikes?
Haha thanks Alain, I've been silently watching your build too mate that's a killer project you got going. As Mac pointed out, it certainly does work with EFI.

Originally Posted by professorzoogy
well....nothing wrong with taking a super cool bike and ripping into it.....only to achieve a higher state of badassedness lol.....I will be following this one !
Haha. It's like a garage sale at my place at the moment with all the parts for sale

Originally Posted by bswearingen
Gonna be lookin forward to seeing what you turn out. Loved it to start with
Thanks man! It wasn't easy making the decision to strip it again, I did love the last build on it, but I've always wanted to that next step

Originally Posted by stal94gt
inked i like that tank you have mounted up, i wonder if the sportster style fuel pump can mount up in it. hey who makes those upper fork tube covers! i love them!
They are made for sportster pumps mounted internally. As far as what I could find, the sportster pumps flow the same as my original fxst's pump, so there should be no dramas there.

The billet fork tubes cover are from Acutronix, they call them beauty tubes. Think they have two styles, check em out!

Old 01-22-2015, 10:16 PM
Ink83
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by mac1313
I love the Cole Foster tank. I was back and forth for months before I finally decided on the Roland Sands tank. Now for some reason I have an extra lying around in my garage. lol Alain, Yes, check out the link below. http://www.customchrome.com/dcm/cc/_...4u/LS2014.html
I did have a good think about the rsd tank too, but I wasn't sure it'd flow with the rear fender I'm getting made. Got any pics of her with the tank?

Old 01-22-2015, 10:39 PM
SKT
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Woot Woot - subscribed and looking forward to following your progress!

Thanks for starting a 'build' thread!

Old 01-22-2015, 10:52 PM
mac1313
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ink83
I did have a good think about the rsd tank too, but I wasn't sure it'd flow with the rear fender I'm getting made. Got any pics of her with the tank?
Ink,

Here are some old pics. She is torn down at the moment...she is getting a springer front end.

Quick Reply: Night Train springer bobber styled