Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Owners of Slim And Breakout

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 02:27 PM
MARCUS 79
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Owners of Slim And Breakout

i know there is a huge difference between those 2 bikes altough both of them are Softails with same engine.
But is there anyone of you out there who owns both and prefers one over the other??
I'm 5'7" and could not decide between those two.

Old 01-25-2015, 03:55 PM
brockND
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do not own both and I am not 5' 7", I own the slim, but my father is 5' 7" and was considering both these bikes. He test drove both at the dealership and liked the slim better. He said he would have to change the bars immediately on the break out to be able to ride it for very long. His arms are probably on the shorter end of average and said he had to lean forward to much on the break out. He took my slim for a weekend (before I put the apes on) and said it was perfect. But even though u guys are the same height, everyone's body geometry is a little different. If you have longer arms you may like the break out. Can not really compare hem a lot because they are two totally different bikes when it comes to looks. Hope any of this was useful to you!

Old 01-25-2015, 04:11 PM
paulmj
Tourer
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

I'm 6'2" and I rode the BO and the Slim (and the Fay Boy and Fat Bob) for about 2 hours each before deciding. I went for the BO as I found it most comfortable at speed due to the slightly more leant forward position - reducing the need to 'hang on'. There were a few other reasons too but that was the clincher. The BO just worked best for me.

Old 01-25-2015, 06:07 PM
martin10
Road Warrior
Received 504 Likes on 327 Posts

I bought the Slim because I like the styling better and because it just "fits" me better than the other Softails. My wife has a Fatboy and I like the Slim much better. Some people like the huge rear tire on the BO but I am not one of them. Just schedule a test ride. If they know you are serious all of the dealers in my area will let you ride them.

Old 01-25-2015, 06:11 PM
Slim Rich
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Buying a new sled is a matter of style and riding tastes. I rode the breakout because I loved the style. I bought the slim because I loved how it rode. I've since fallen in love with her looks.

Old 01-25-2015, 06:15 PM
Bone Doc
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,863 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Originally Posted by MARCUS 79
i know there is a huge difference between those 2 bikes altough both of them are Softails with same engine.
But is there anyone of you out there who owns both and prefers one over the other??
I'm 5'7" and could not decide between those two.
Others' preferences may not equate to yours. It will ultimately be YOUR decision. Go test ride them both as often as is necessary until you can decide. If they are both equally comfortable for you then it comes down to looks and style.

Old 01-25-2015, 06:32 PM
Tailsfrommycrib
Elite HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

if I was going for a chopper look and ride I would get the BO. If I wanted a bobber look and ride I would go with the slim.

Old 01-25-2015, 08:21 PM
monarchy
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess I'll chime in. I'm 5'5 and I own a BO. Doesn't seem to be that big of an issue for me. I do lean forward quite a bit but that doesn't bother me.

Old 01-25-2015, 08:51 PM
asputin
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If your used to forward controls and apes the slim is gonna feel really cramped. I traded mine after 300 miles for the B.O.

Old 01-25-2015, 09:35 PM
stal94gt
Road Master
Received 95 Likes on 88 Posts

i look at bikes differently than some, i look at the bones of a bike rather than what it looks like on the show room floor. some people buy the slim for the looks but later want a fat tire in the back. fat tire kits are expensive so if down the road you want a big fat tire than go with the breakout. handle bars can be changed for more comfortable ones down the road for a decent price.

Quick Reply: Owners of Slim And Breakout