Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Signature Series Seat

Old 01-25-2015, 09:54 PM
Bluraven
Grand HDF Member
Received 751 Likes on 459 Posts
Default Signature Series Seat

First off I've searched the forum and most post on this seat are a few years old.

Since it seems like seat day I thought I'd poll those that have this seat and get some opinions.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...-16-5192209--1

I particularly interested in how the passenger likes it.
I have the stock pillion gel'd and the Wife likes it but if I can make her ride even better with this seat it's worth the coin to me.

Old 01-26-2015, 12:21 AM
FrozenInTime
Tourer
Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

My wife loves it! Comfy. As for me, I hate the freaking thing!!! The nose (front of the seat) is too short, way too narrow. I can't count the times I have fried my thighs on the cover. After a few miles, I seem to slide forward and the *boys* are crunched up. I have loaned this seat to a couple other guys and they hated it also. But, u asked, my wife adores the ride.

I use mine on my '09 fatty, plain black with no studs. PM me with an offer and I'll figure out shipping and get back with you if your interested in buying mine, it's in good shape as I use it as little as possible. I don't know for sure if it would fit your bike, but I *think* it will.

I will add the backrest on it is great, love that part. It does sit you down pretty low, which I do love. Just a shame it tears my big butt up after a while. Might have something to do with me being a big guy, I don't know.

Last edited by FrozenInTime; 01-26-2015 at 12:24 AM.
Old 01-26-2015, 06:20 AM
Super38
Cruiser
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Have one (well the Deluxe specific version)...

Never had a passenger on it...

But agree with FrozenInTime from a rider positioning perspective. All of the things that make it bad for me as a rider make it good for MrsSuper38 as a rider though.

Old 01-26-2015, 07:32 AM
pipeyeti
Road Captain
Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts

I think it and the Deluxe version are just butt ugly. Its your bike and sometimes comfort trumps looks.

Old 01-26-2015, 08:56 AM
Bluraven
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by FrozenInTime
My wife loves it! Comfy. As for me, I hate the freaking thing!!! Might have something to do with me being a big guy, I don't know.
During my search I saw where you posted that your Wife loved it but you hated it.

I do have a 30" inseam so perhaps moving me forward a inch or so wouldn't be too big of a deal.

I suppose I should just get a loaner from the Dealer and take it out for a ride before putting my Wife on the back and getting her used to loving it.

Old 01-26-2015, 06:45 PM
FrozenInTime
Tourer
Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluraven
I do have a 30" inseam so perhaps moving me forward a inch or so wouldn't be too big of a deal.

I suppose I should just get a loaner from the Dealer and take it out for a ride before putting my Wife on the back and getting her used to loving it.
My inseam is ~28 inches, tad more maybe. If a guy was long legged, he might like this seat. I can't tell you how many darn times I've fried my ham hocks bad. The way it is made, for some reason, as you ride you end up sliding forward. My boys do not like the feeling of getting crunched! If you can find one, take if for a good ride, not a couple miles but put a few on it down the hiway. I have loaned this seat out to a couple guys, not a single one had a good thing to say about it. Oh, as another poster mentioned, this seat, because of the huge pad (passengers do love it), this seat is freaking ugly!! Good luck, hope u can borrow one and save $600. Again, I would make u a good deal on mine, save yourself alot of $$.

Old 01-26-2015, 07:01 PM
Super38
Cruiser
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by FrozenInTime
My inseam is ~28 inches, tad more maybe. If a guy was long legged, he might like this seat.
Mine is 33 or so and I'm fairly thin. I don't love it, but I can stand it. It doesn't have my *** burning after 120 miles like a stock street glide seat (or a badlander on a sporty) so that is something nice.

Although I like the looks of the stock seat better I don't think it is that ugly but that is obviously a personal thing.

The beautiful thing about it is that the front seems for all practical purposes to be a reduced reach seat and it has a rider backrest both of which my wife likes for her, which is why this is on her bike.

I do agree try to get a demo seat and give it a good long ride, only way to know for sure.

Old 01-26-2015, 10:50 PM
Sleeko
Stellar HDF Member
Received 75 Likes on 50 Posts
Cool

Meh, I like the look. Makes the Deluxe look all-business. Hit EBay, I paid $225.00 used 3 times. I do agree the front is narrow but the back support more than makes up for it for me. Your wife should love it but she's going to be hiked uP there as that cushion is thick and wide. 30" inseam here btw.

Old 01-30-2015, 11:01 AM
Bluraven
Grand HDF Member

Well I pulled the trigger on a used one and got it for $250 including shipping.
I figure it's got to be worth at least that.

Also I have a Kuryakyn detachable driver's backrest that I should be able to sell and recoup some of my cost.

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/ku...r/part/KY-8987

Anyway what the hell, it's only money right?

Thanks everyone for the opinions.

Old 01-30-2015, 10:55 PM
Pete3323
Road Master
Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts

The stock deluxe seat is perfect. That one is....not appealing to the eye.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Signature Series Seat